ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refusal withdrawn

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MrsDar
Newly Registered

refusal withdrawn

Post by MrsDar » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:52 am

Salaam readers, hope you're well.

I wanted to ask regarding the timescales from.when the refusal is withdrawn to when the call letter is sent.

I applied for my husband in Pakistan on 19th Oct 2015 and in January they refused.

After the appeal the home office finally withdrew their refusal with the grace of Allah Almighty, but since we paid the NHS fee in Sept, my husband hasn't yet received any communication about handing his passport in for the next steps.

I have been chasing my solicitor and she hasn't been in touch either for over a month. I don't know what to do next or who to chase up with and it's worrying.

Is this normal? Could someone kindly guide me? Thank you.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: refusal withdrawn

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:54 am

You need to make contact with your solicitor as the notification for your husband to collect his passport may well have been sent to her.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:17 pm

Check the email address provided on the online visa form - UKVI tend to send an email advising what to do

i.e. repay immigration health charge, go and drop off the passport at VAC and them email them confirming this has been done.

MrsDar
Newly Registered

Post by MrsDar » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:35 pm

Thank you so much for your replies, my solicitor has shut her office down and isn't replying to my messages or calls for over a month, she had put her email address on the application so I'm unable to establish the next steps or who to contact.

Does anyone know where I can get details to communicate with the home office? Do I contact the Pakistan office or Sheffield?

Thank you

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Post by walker » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:30 pm

MrsDar
Newly Registered

Post by MrsDar » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:33 pm

Thanks ever so much for that information.

I spoke to the home office and they forwarded me the email that they sent to my solicitor, that email was dated the 24th of September! :(

Rather disappointed that my husband has lost 2 months of precious time of our 4 month old baby thanks to my solicitor pulling a disappearing act but I'm grateful that the people in this forum gave me a path to follow and now my husband and we will finally be a family again.

Thank you so much and I pray that the Almighty united everyone's loved ones soon. :)