ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BrownAdder
- thin ice -

Document Returned

Post by BrownAdder » Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:37 pm

Hi

My wifes spouse settlement visa application was denied on 24th October.

I posted supporting documents from within England.

I provided a self addressed stamped 1st Class special delivery bag to return documents.

I still havent received the documents back.

Anyone kkows how long it can take ?

walker
Mood:
Palestine

Re: Document Returned

Post by walker » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:34 pm

It can take sometime - especially if they think there is a reasonable chance of appeal.
You could send an email to them via the webpage requesting an update in respect of the documents.

Reason for refusal?

BrownAdder
- thin ice -

Reapply or Appeal

Post by BrownAdder » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi

My wife's visa was refused on the basis that entry clearance officer doubted if my company was trading which is utter nonsense.

He wrote that although he received all the documents but he doubts if my company was trading.

My company made over 50K from which I withdrew 22K as my salary - he also said that my company had 2 arms which means he had no idea how companies are run.

Bottom line is that I know I will win the appeal but if I reapply then they can find the same excuse and deny again

BrownAdder
- thin ice -

Re: Document Returned

Post by BrownAdder » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:15 pm

They havent sent all the documents back - arent they suppose to send all documents back if visa is refused?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Reapply or Appeal

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BrownAdder
- thin ice -

Appeal Issue

Post by BrownAdder » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:59 pm

Hello

After refusing visa the sheffield office did not return my documents in time for me to get legal advice and launch appeal.

In fact I had to send them many messages and I then got my documents back.

As a result I couldnt get legal advice in time for appeal process.

What should I do ?

Any ideas ? as its their fault ?

They also broke Data Protection Act during interview by asking the details of my employees.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Appeal Issue

Post by Obie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:45 pm

You don't need the documents they withheld for you to be able to file an appeal.

You need to ensure it is filed ASAP, and if it has been over 28 days since it was received, an application should be made for an extension of time.

On the face of it, it appears you have a strong case, and it will be a shame if she has to lose out on technicality, due to your failure to file an in time appeal.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors