ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI in progress,British PP sending through courier to india?

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

everfor

OCI in progress,British PP sending through courier to india?

Post by everfor » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

I am in strange situation. I have applied my son OCI 5 weeks ago, and we have travel plan in dec 1st week. Based on other applications feedback, looks OCI progress will take 3 months plus.
so i am thinking to apply the tourist visa for my son. I guess they will grant for 6 month visa, but my wife and son will stay longer than that and i will back in 2 month.
1. Can i bring back my son passport to uk for OCI stamping and then send through courier back to india?
2. is this legal way, to bring the passport only and sending to courier?
3. For OCI stamp, do we have option to send to OCI Delhi authority for stamping, instead of london?
4. is India tourist visa can be extendable?

Appreciate your advise

rmukherjee
United Kingdom

Re: OCI in progress,British PP sending through courier to in

Post by rmukherjee » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:47 am

everfor wrote:I am in strange situation. I have applied my son OCI 5 weeks ago, and we have travel plan in dec 1st week. Based on other applications feedback, looks OCI progress will take 3 months plus.
so i am thinking to apply the tourist visa for my son. I guess they will grant for 6 month visa, but my wife and son will stay longer than that and i will back in 2 month.
1. Can i bring back my son passport to uk for OCI stamping and then send through courier back to india? In theory this can be done, but the risk is -- if the courier loses the passport in transit you have added hassles. The much safer way would be to simply not go for your son's OCI stamping (i.e. 2nd visit to VFS for OCI stamping) until your son is back, assuming he'll be back within a period of time acceptable to the High Commission. For example, I went for my (and family's) OCI stamping one month after it was ready, I spoke to the High Commission and they confirmed this would not be a problem.

2. is this legal way, to bring the passport only and sending to courier? No idea

3. For OCI stamp, do we have option to send to OCI Delhi authority for stamping, instead of london? Normally OCI approval is done in Delhi, then booklet is issued wherever you applied. But you should speak to the high commission about this. Their contact number is on the website.

4. is India tourist visa can be extendable? Extensions to other visas are possible but appear to be difficult for tourist visas. X type visas are much easier to extend. Again, speak to the high commission.