ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for EEA1 while COA is in process?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elevendi

applying for EEA1 while COA is in process?

Post by elevendi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:39 pm

hi to all

i've applied for COA in August 2007 but it seems it is taking the black hole dive! timeline is unknown! because of my illegal status, it could take years!

from sakura reply, i've understood that i will have to use the EEA family permit route to gain legal residence.

my question is, is it possible to apply for EEA1 while Home Office is holding our passports and other documents for the COA application

or is it wise to just keep or cancel the COA application and then apply for EEA1, for my partner, i am a bit confused i feel i took the wrong track! i don't know

any advise please!!!!

JA13I

Post by JA13I » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:53 am

I do not see how you can apply for an EEA1 while your passports are with the CoA application team. Do you have the certified copies of your passports?
Jabi

elevendi

Post by elevendi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:46 am

thanks JA13I for your reply!

no i don't have certified copies of our passports!
i was thinking you can apply for both applications because the documents needed for both app. are sent to the same body! well, apparently it doesn't work that way!