ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) quick question - Section 2, Q2.2

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tbbcuk

FLR (M) quick question - Section 2, Q2.2

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:03 am

I knew this have been asked before but I am unable to search the answer!
I am applying first FLR (M) after initial 2.5yrs of spouse visa for my wife.

Section 2:
Question 2.2: First time applied visa, YES OR NO?? Yes for first extension but No for visa?
Question 2.3: Choose 'First period of leave to remain'?

One last question, should I submit my child passport as well?(in which he is British Citizen).

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) quick question - Section 2, Q2.2

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am

Section 2:
Question 2.2: First time applied visa, YES OR NO?? Yes for first extension but No for visa? Yes
Question 2.3: Choose 'First period of leave to remain'? Second period if she has already had a period of leave as spouse of BC.

One last question, should I submit my child passport as well?(in which he is British Citizen). No, birth cert should suffice.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:45 pm

thank you for the reply CR001!

I also would like to ask, does my wife need to submit her old passports, which showed a few uk stamps when she visited UK as short trips before?

Her spouse visa and everything else are on her new passport.

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:40 am

tbbcuk wrote:I also would like to ask, does my wife need to submit her old passports, which showed a few uk stamps when she visited UK as short trips before?
No
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by michali » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:49 am

But it does say on the FLR(M) form in the second paragraph,

'In accordance with paragraph 34 of the Immigration Rules, you must provide your original, valid passport, travel document or national identity card as evidence of your identity and nationality, unless it is not available for reasons beyond your control. If your document is lost or stolen, you should replace it before making your application unless there are reasons beyond your control why you cannot (See note 6 below).

You should provide all previous passports, travel documents or national identity cards that you have used to travel to or remain in the UK.

tbbcuk

Post by tbbcuk » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Thank you CR001 and Michali for reply!

Those stamps were some short visits to the uk before we got married then later on spouse visa on new passport. Those stamps were actually on an old 2nd nationality passport which made me doubt if to submit, worried they may get confused. So I should submit?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:53 am

tbbcuk wrote:Those stamps were some short visits to the uk before we got married then later on spouse visa on new passport. Those stamps were actually on an old 2nd nationality passport which made me doubt if to submit, worried they may get confused. So I should submit?
Not necessary. Submit the nationality passports she has used for spouse visa. If the form asks if she holds any other nationality, she must declare it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)