ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

timb1226
Newly Registered

Inquiry in regards to fiance/marriage visa.

Post by timb1226 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Background is I am currently a naturalised British citizen, and I have a girlfriend of 6 months who is a Philippine citizen who is currently employed and residing at Saudi Arabia. We have both arrived to the point that we would like to settle together within the UK. We are planning to hold a civil marriage rather a conventional church wedding. She currently has a visit visa, which is due to expire this November where she was authorised 6 months visit visa.

We would like to clarify which visa is suggested to apply for, whether visitor or fiance visa with the intention of hopefully marrying each other early next year.

Once married is there a grace period where my partner has to stay in the country for documents to be processed? Is the supposed spouse visa post marriage must be processed right away? and also how long does it usually take? Also what are the essential requirements for applying such things. E.G. Would she need IELTS and such things? or is there a special residency exam that she would need to take?

I apologise for the questions as this is completely new and alien for the both of us. If these questions have already been asked before, I completely apologise like I said this is completely alien for me. Appreciate the assistance.

noajthan

Re: Inquiry in regards to fiance/marriage visa.

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:58 pm

All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Did your girlfriend request a stay of the full 6 months in her visitor visa application? :?:

Are you intending to marry in the UK? If so, as your girlfriend is a foreign national you will have to register your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately should they choose to do so, before the wedding can take place.

As it isn't permitted to marry while on a visitor visa, you may not be given permission to marry.

I assume you are aware that it's not possible to apply for a spouse settlement or fiance visa from within the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:47 pm

Casa wrote:Did your girlfriend request a stay of the full 6 months in her visitor visa application? :?:

Are you intending to marry in the UK? If so, as your girlfriend is a foreign national you will have to register your intent to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is then legally bound to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days in order to interview you both separately should they choose to do so, before the wedding can take place.

As it isn't permitted to marry while on a visitor visa, you may not be given permission to marry.

I assume you are aware that it's not possible to apply for a spouse settlement or fiance visa from within the UK.
Yes, she has initially applied for a 6 month visitor's visa where she visited the country at least three times during that 6 month period. Also yes, I am intending to marry her within the UK. So is it advisable for herself to apply for a fiance visa on her next application once her initial visit visa expires? Also requirement wise, what are the essential ones that we need?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:22 pm

A fiance visa application can only be submitted in her home country. This would grant her 6 months in which to marry and then apply for a spouse settlement visa from within the UK.

1. Apply for fiance visa in the Philippines - visa fee £1195

Evidence of a genuine relationship + a wedding being planned.
A1 level English required from an approved test provider.
Your most recent 6 months payslips showing pro rata income of £18,600 p.a + 6 months corresponding bank statements. Without income you would need £62,500 in savings, held in an accessible account for 6 months
Adequate accommodation available in the UK

2. After the UK wedding and before the 6 month visa expires, apply for a FLR(M) spouse settlement visa which will grant an initial 2.5 year visa
Visa fee - £811 postal or £1311 if submitted in person at a PSC.
NHS surcharge of £500

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 pm

I appreciate the detailed reply you provided. So to clarify this, I need to be earning more or less £1900 a month to be her sponsor. In regards to evidence of the wedding being planned considering we want a civil ceremony rather than church wedding. Would registration with the home office suffice as evidence in regards to requesting a civil marriage? Also, as my partner lives in Saudi Arabia and works as a flight attendant, does she need to be in the UK at any parts during the application? Much appreciated!!

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:12 pm

If still any connection with Philippines, fiance will need to attend a CFO PDOS programme to get her exit stamp from PH (and also needs to obtain her CENOMAR).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

timb1226
Newly Registered

Fiance visa

Post by timb1226 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:11 pm

Just an inquiry about application of a fiance visa. My fiance is a Filipino citizen but she is currently working as a flight attendant at saudi Arabia. Would it possible if I process the application for her or is it necessary for her to go back to the Philippines and apply herself? Is it possible to do it at saudi arabia? If so, how long does she have to surrender her passport to the embassy? As she cannot be without her passport for long due to international flights. Is it also possible for me to pay for the fees if she does the application herself?? Much appreciated fellas

timb1226
Newly Registered

Re: Fiance visa

Post by timb1226 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:21 pm

Apologies for the double post. Due to the distance problem and the unpredictability of her flights. Is it possible if I send her photocopies of my documents or is it necessary for her to have my originals. Thank you so much

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:11 pm

Copies of original documents should be legally certified.

Your girlfriend will need to submit her original passport which will remain with the HO while the application is being processed.
(Casa, not CR001)

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:06 pm

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I didnt want to waste another thread on this. Would it be possible for me to apply for her from the UK via visa4uk website? Or does she have to apply herself??

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:12 pm

You can complete the application online, then print it and your fiance should sign it.
(Casa, not CR001)

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:41 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Just a tricky question. Me and my partner have both decided to have a civil marriage as we wuold like to be together as soon as possible. Possibly have an actual wedding back at the Philippines in a few years. In what way can I prove that were actually planning our wedding if ours will only be a civil marriage through the registry office or something? Thank you so much.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:11 pm

You aren't required to have a religious ceremony, but the Case Worker will at least expect to see something of a celebration being planned, however low-key. You can explain that a wedding blessing with a celebratory reception will follow later.
(Casa, not CR001)

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:04 pm

Last question hopefully and I'm extremely grateful for all the support fellas. Is there a guide on what evidences needed to prove our relationship. Unfortunately, facebook has stopped saving call logs. Would facebook messaging and pictures of us teogther suffice as evidence? Appreciate the assistance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:10 pm

timb1226 wrote:Last question hopefully and I'm extremely grateful for all the support fellas. Is there a guide on what evidences needed to prove our relationship. Unfortunately, facebook has stopped saving call logs. Would facebook messaging and pictures of us teogther suffice as evidence? Appreciate the assistance
Yes, together with evidence of time spent together...flight tickets, hotel booking etc. Whatever you have showing the history of the relationship.
(Casa, not CR001)

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:31 am

I appreciate the assistance!! We're just collectively getting our requirements. I've come and hit a wall again. Is it necessary for documents such as p60, bank statements and payslips to be original form? I have great difficulty since most of my statements are online only and due to my own stupidity shredded my old payslips. I mean I have e copies of p60, payslips and bank statements. Would they suffice? Also is it necessary for my passport to be notarised or certifying it by someone would also suffice? I'm eternally grateful!!!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:37 am

Unless you can persuade a branch of your issuing bank to stamp and sign the online copies (and many won't), you will have to order copy statements through the post.

Online payslips should be stamped and verified by your employer.

You will need a certified copy of your passport. The Post Office provides this service for a fee, which will probably be less than a solicitor or notary will charge.
(Casa, not CR001)

timb1226
Newly Registered

Post by timb1226 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:02 am

Absolute thanks casa. Thing is I've got online copies of my bank statement, as well as 12 months issue of my bank statement from the actual bank but no address in place, which I had to pay £10 for. Unfortunately, they are not offering such service apparently. I simply don't know what else to do. Also lastly, would a copy p60 do? Thanks again!

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:38 am

Can you pop into a local branch of your bank and ask them to print them there for you?~ They can also stamp and sign them at the same time (we submitted this kind and they were accepted for our spouse visa).

Not sure you need the P60 if you have the verified payslips, but if submitting it, I would suggest you get your employer to stamp and sign it too.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

Have you requested a copy of the last 6 months bank statements to be sent through the post?

I do know from personal very recent experience that NatWest (for example) have a company policy to no longer verify bank statements in the branch. Although some members have had success with other banking companies.

The P60 online copy should be verified by your employer. However, I don't believe that a P60 is essential as the last 6 months payslips show the qualifying income together with the corresponding bank statements.
(Casa, not CR001)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:43 am

KatieWills wrote:Can you pop into a local branch of your bank and ask them to print them there for you?~ They can also stamp and sign them at the same time (we submitted this kind and they were accepted for our spouse visa).

Not sure you need the P60 if you have the verified payslips, but if submitting it, I would suggest you get your employer to stamp and sign it too.
Certainly worth a shot, although our bank would only print the most recent statement in branch which wasn't available online.
(Casa, not CR001)

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:46 am

Halifax were great to be fair, they printed the statements off in branch which has the added authenticity of stating "printed in branch" on the statements even before they are verified.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.