ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help! Evidence of continued residence meaning?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Help! Evidence of continued residence meaning?

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:09 pm

Dear everyone,

I am on a DLR under article 8 and I have completed my 6 years (old system). Thus, I have applied for ILR 5 months ago.

25 March 2016 - Application Sent (Postal)
27 March 2016 - Payment taken
1 June - Biometric taken

After 5 months, on the 5 November 2016. I have received a letter from Home Office that documents are missing in order to complete your form and decide.

I have 14 days to respond (start of the letter sent)

The letter says this

Document required:

Evidence of your continued residence at:

--- Address (The Address that I filled in my form, in which I have lived there for 6 years)

The question is do I need to show documents for the past 5-6 years until now showing that I have lived in that address?

The requirement is not clear to me.

Also which if I was to use bank statements, benefit letters etc would that be appropriate?

Also bank letters only provides 3 months of bank details do I have to show all my bank statement for the whole year or just one bank statement for let say 2015 etc?

Ahmad