ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Must leave for uk 30days max

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

djchoclate

Must leave for uk 30days max

Post by djchoclate » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:36 am

Hi, good morning.
Just a little advice for my sister.
She just got initial spouse Visa for 2years 9months from Pakistan. And she finds out from somewhere & even her in laws told that Once your visa has been issued with a visa you will have 30 days max to enter UK and then within 10 days of arrival must collect your Biometric Residence Permit card from the Post Office.
But she didn't get any letter with her visa stating above conditions.
So please can you tell me is this really a compulsory requirement or she can leave for uk after 2 months time.
Thanks.

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Must leave for uk 30days max

Post by KatieWills » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:55 am

Your sister would have had to specify a date that she intended to travel to the UK as part of her application. Her entry clearance visa in her passport will be valid for only 30 days, she should check what date it is valid from.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

djchoclate

Post by djchoclate » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:00 pm

Her visa is valid from 05/11/2016 til 19/08/2019. And and no where on her visa it says she must leave for uk within 30days neither she got any letter alongside the passport telling her to leave for uk within 30days.
How do you know one should leave for uk within 30 days?
Can you please give me the link on Ukba website where it says?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:10 pm

What is her partners immigration status in the UK?

The 30 days is not relevant as her visa vignette has been issued for the full duration of the visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.