ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - Online application and documents

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vovej09
Newly Registered

EEA PR - Online application and documents

Post by vovej09 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Hello, I'm EU national living in the UK since 2010 and in the process to applying for EEA PR.

- I would like to use the online service and get my passport certified by the European Passport Return Service.
- I have been working full time since 2010.
- I was thinking of sending as documentation: Last 6 months payslips, all my P60s and last 6 months bank statements.
- I don't really have utility bills. Should I send any old bank statement as well? (Printed from online banking).
- Anything else I should send or know?
- I have been doing a part time evening course while I was working. Due to my low salary, I have received a grant from student finance in 2012. I have been told that I should mention it in a covering letter. At the time, student finance got a different date of myself entering in the uk (earlier than the real one).

Thank you for your help.

noajthan

Re: EEA PR - Online application and documents

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:24 pm

As well as evidence of identity you will need:
  • evidence of exercise of treaty rights (2010-2105) in one or more categories of qualified person;
    evidence of residence in UK (2010-to now);
    information showing any absences were kept within prescribed limits;
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _clean.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Thanks,

- evidence of exercise of treaty rights (2010-2105) in one or more categories of qualified person: Not sure about this. What do you mean?
- evidence of residence in UK (2010-to now) : Not sure how to prove this. I don't have any utility bills, can I provide maybe 3 bank statements per year? Printed off the bank's website?
- information showing any absences were kept within prescribed limits: I can provide the list of holidays abroad I had and will provide these in the online application.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:41 pm

acecco02 wrote:Thanks,

- evidence of exercise of treaty rights (2010-2105) in one or more categories of qualified person: Not sure about this. What do you mean?
- evidence of residence in UK (2010-to now) : Not sure how to prove this. I don't have any utility bills, can I provide maybe 3 bank statements per year? Printed off the bank's website?
- information showing any absences were kept within prescribed limits: I can provide the list of holidays abroad I had and will provide these in the online application.
Start with the guidance document linked above.

For residence, online bank statements may not be accepted (easily manipulated) and don't necessarily prove you were residing in UK.

Think:
  • tax documents;
    council tax;
    insurance documents (car/house);
    medical/NHS documents (doctor, dentist, optician etc);
    voter registration/electoral roll;
& etc etc

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:47 pm

I don't have many, will try and send the very few I have.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:53 pm

acecco02 wrote:I don't have many, will try and send the very few I have.
Its up to you to prove your case with adequate supporting evidence.
Be aware HO plays hard ball and does not give benefit of doubt.

As a rule, always look forward to the next immigration application you will make (and the next); familiarise with requirements and generate the necessary papertrail ahead of time - to save such last minute panics.

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Thanks, Would you also recommend me to write a covering letter mentioning the grant I've received from Student Finance?
Not mandatory really, as I can prove that I've always worked full time since 2010 (I've been a part time student on top of it).

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:33 pm

Would Mobile phone contract bills be good enough?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:43 pm

acecco02 wrote:Would Mobile phone contract bills be good enough?
That doesn't address treaty rights but goes a small way to demonstrating 'residence'.

As for study and student finance, if study was marginal and supplementary to genuine and effective work then your study time is not so significant; you were probably a worker qualified person.

HO will probably play hard ball and apply its somewhat controversial MET/PET test to you.
There's also the question of what % of income did that student grant represent out of overall 'income'?

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:08 pm

As for study and student finance, if study was marginal and supplementary to genuine and effective work then your study time is not so significant; you were probably a worker qualified person.
HO will probably play hard ball and apply its somewhat controversial MET/PET test to you.
There's also the question of what % of income did that student grant represent out of overall 'income'?
What's MET/PET test?
Studies are a Foundation Degree and a BA (5 years in total, part-time evening courses). All done while I was working full time.
Grant was ~£250/year for 4 years received on my bank account and ~£900/year for 4 years paid directly to the college.
Initially my salary was ~14k (that's why I got the grant) now it's almost doubled.
Thing is, on the SF application I said I was arrived in uk earlier than my real arrival date (the grant was available only if present in the uk for at least 3 years, I was present for 2).
So I was thinking of mentioning the grant in a covering letter (better not hiding things, hopefully they won't check SF application?)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 pm

acecco02 wrote:
What's MET/PET test?
Studies are a Foundation Degree and a BA (5 years in total, part-time evening courses). All done while I was working full time.
Grant was ~£250/year for 4 years received on my bank account and ~£900/year for 4 years paid directly to the college.
Initially my salary was ~14k (that's why I got the grant) now it's almost doubled.
Thing is, on the SF application I said I was arrived in uk earlier than my real arrival date (the grant was available only if present in the uk for at least 3 years, I was present for 2).
So I was thinking of mentioning the grant in a covering letter (better not hiding things, hopefully they won't check SF application?)
Misrepresenting your status for a grant is a serious concern.
Immigration karma will no doubt catch up with you sooner or later. Fortunately for you there is no good charatcter test for EU migration.
There is for the privilege of citizenship.

For MET/PET see:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/using-m ... ne-worker/

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 pm

I know, I really don't know how to fix this mess. Any suggestion?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:22 pm

acecco02 wrote:I know, I really don't know how to fix this mess. Any suggestion?
Tell the truth.
Don't suppress material facts.
Read the Declaration on every application form - you will note you have to vouch for the veracity and completeness of all information.

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:24 pm

Tell the truth.
Read the Declaration on every application form - you will note you have to vouch for the veracity and completeness of all information.
Yes, I was planning to say on a covering letter that I've been a part time student and I've received a grant.
But, should I also say that I've lied on a SF application? If so, what can happen to me?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:27 pm

acecco02 wrote:
Tell the truth.
Yes, I was planning to say on a covering letter that I've been a part time student and I've received a grant.
But, should I also say that I've lied on a SF application? If so, what can happen to me?
Suffice to say, despite the questions on current PR form which go above and beyond EU law, there is no 'good character' requirement under EU law.
There is when you get to naturalisation and the privilege of citizenship.

vovej09
Newly Registered

Post by vovej09 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:29 pm

noajthan wrote:
acecco02 wrote:
Tell the truth.
Suffice to say, despite the questions on current PR form which go above and beyond EU law, there is no 'good character' requirement under EU law.
There is when you get to naturalisation and the privilege of citizenship.
OK I see, but what would you say in the covering letter, and what could happen to me in the worst case? Thanks for your help.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:37 pm

acecco02 wrote:OK I see, but what would you say in the covering letter, and what could happen to me in the worst case? Thanks for your help.
A cover letter is not mandatory.

Itemise your activities including study activity. If you were primarily a worker you do not need to submit evidence to support your study activity.
You may not have had CSI anyway; if that is the case you cannot use study period to count towards acquisition of PR.

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:52 pm

For the purposes of PR, you need to prove to the Home Office that in a given 5y period you exercised Treaty Rights in some way. This is not a question "What exactly did you do this period", but more like "why should this specific period be a Qualifying period".

If for a given period you can justify a "Qualified Worker" status, you do not need to justify a "Qualified Student" status for the same period, even if you were also a student.