ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice regarding the annual accounts

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Advice regarding the annual accounts

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:48 pm

Dear members and gurus,
My annual accounts has been prepared by ACCA accountant, he is not working with any firm (regulated or not regulated), he is a consultant. He signed my annual accounts and he mentioned his FCCA membership number. The accounts are on plain paper submitted to Companies House and electronically to HMRC.

Is it ok to do that?? or he should work with a regulated firm??

Kind regards,

MYA

Re: Advice regarding the annual accounts

Post by MYA » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:36 pm

Your accountant has following characteristics according to policy guidance otherwise not acceptable

The accountant must have a valid licence to practise or practising certificate and must be a member of one of the following professional bodies: Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Association of Authorised Public Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and

MYA

Post by MYA » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:44 pm

Key word here is
" Must Have practicing License"

Just having membership of any professional body is not acceptable.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:28 pm

Two requirements as said above:

1. Being regulated by an acceptable professional body
2. Having a license to practice accounting
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:51 pm

Deasr MYA and Zimba,

Many thanks for your reply,
I know that the accountant has to be qualified as you mentioned,
BUT
My question was about my case:
The regulated accountant is working with a non regulated accounting company, he prepared the accounts, singed it, the accounts written on that company's headed paper and sent to Companies House.
Please advise,
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Yasmeen22 wrote:Deasr MYA and Zimba,

BUT
The regulated accountant is working with a non regulated accounting company, he prepared the accounts, singed it, the accounts written on that company's headed paper and sent to Companies House.
Please advise,
Thanks
This means that that firm prepared them which is NOT regulated by an acceptable body. So HO will object to this
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

amnaali03

Post by amnaali03 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 pm

zimba88 wrote:
Yasmeen22 wrote:Deasr MYA and Zimba,

BUT
Please advise,
Thanks
This means that that firm prepared them which is NOT regulated by an acceptable body. So HO will object to this
Hi Zimbaa, can we check online weather a person or a firm is an acceptable body?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Usually yes, depends on the regulatory body

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Deasr Zimba,

Can I ammend it again, this means that I have to go to another firm which is regulated and they prepare it again (same details the old accountant used) and their regulated accountant will sign it??
Is it ok to do that??
Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:53 pm

Yasmeen22 wrote:Deasr Zimba,

Can I ammend it again, this means that I have to go to another firm which is regulated and they prepare it again (same details the old accountant used) and their regulated accountant will sign it??
Is it ok to do that??
Thanks
I do not know. Amendments is only for when something is seriously wrong with your accounts. Talk to a regulated accountant and explain the situation to them and get your advice from them. The most important part is that documents you send you HO must be prepared by regulated acceptable accountancy firms

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Dear Zimba,

That is just related with annual accounts, the old firm (which is not regulated) is doing my payroll every month, I do not think this affects, the HO does not ask about who prepared and submitted the payroll, or is he regulated or not.

Please advise

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:03 pm

Yasmeen22 wrote:Dear Zimba,

That is just related with annual accounts, the old firm (which is not regulated) is doing my payroll every month, I do not think this affects, the HO does not ask about who prepared and submitted the payroll, or is he regulated or not.

Please advise
No requirement for payroll

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:19 pm

Dear Zimaba,

As you advised, I see if I use plain papers (No headed paper) for the amended accounts and the same accountant can sign it and I can amend it, so there is no name for that non regulated firm, just the name of the regulated accountant's name appears on the accounts.

Please advise
Thanks,

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:12 pm

This is what the rules demand:
If the applicant’s business is not required to produce audited accounts, unaudited accounts and an accounts compilation report must be provided from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006);

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:17 pm

zimba88 wrote:This is what the rules demand:
If the applicant’s business is not required to produce audited accounts, unaudited accounts and an accounts compilation report must be provided from an accountant who is a member of a UK Recognised Supervisory Body (as defined in the Companies Act 2006)
Dear Zimaba,

As you advised, I see if I use plain papers (No headed paper) for the amended accounts and the same accountant can sign it and I can amend it, so there is no name for that non regulated firm, just the name of the regulated accountant's name appears on the accounts.

Please advise
Thanks,;
Dear Zimba,

If I do so, this will cover the rule, Please correct me if I am wrong??

Thanks

dnf

Post by dnf » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:34 pm

In order for an accountant to prepare your accounts, he/she must hold a practicing certificate. This means that if your accountant, holds a practicing certificate than he/she can use their name on your accounts as your accountants. However, if they do not hold a practicing certificate than they are not allowed by ACCA to do so (I can only confirm ACCA, being a fully qualified member of ACCA myself)

This is why, sometimes, the accountants, who may be qualified but do not hold a practicing certificate, works for unqualified firms, which allows them to be able to prepare the accounts but they are not able to use their names on the accounts preparations.

It is highly recommended that you use accountants, who holds the right to practice i.e. practicing certificate.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:05 pm

dnf wrote:In order for an accountant to prepare your accounts, he/she must hold a practicing certificate. This means that if your accountant, holds a practicing certificate than he/she can use their name on your accounts as your accountants. However, if they do not hold a practicing certificate than they are not allowed by ACCA to do so (I can only confirm ACCA, being a fully qualified member of ACCA myself)

This is why, sometimes, the accountants, who may be qualified but do not hold a practicing certificate, works for unqualified firms, which allows them to be able to prepare the accounts but they are not able to use their names on the accounts preparations.

It is highly recommended that you use accountants, who holds the right to practice i.e. practicing certificate.
There you go. Good advice from an insider :)

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 pm

dnf wrote:In order for an accountant to prepare your accounts, he/she must hold a practicing certificate. This means that if your accountant, holds a practicing certificate than he/she can use their name on your accounts as your accountants. However, if they do not hold a practicing certificate than they are not allowed by ACCA to do so (I can only confirm ACCA, being a fully qualified member of ACCA myself)

Dear dnf,
Very good,
The accountant who signed my annual accounts has a valid practicing certificate, and he is working with a non ACCA registered company, imagine my case, who do you think prepare the accounts? the company or the accountant who signed it, if I print it you can see that company's logo, in the same time you see the signature and ACCA number of the accountant. so my question is which one the home office consider who prepared the accounts, the company or the practiced accountant??
Your are qualified accountant and you may know the final answer.
Thanks

dnf

Post by dnf » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:35 pm

Hi Yasmeen,

If the accountant is employed by the firm than technically you are the firms client and therefore the accounts are deemed to have been prepared by the firm.

Please note that as per ACCA guidelines, the name under the accountants report on the accounts would be the firms name. Your accountant may be willing to put his name and the firms name.

Would Home Office pick this up? They may or they may not...

The choice will have to be yours...

Yasmeen22
Newly Registered

Post by Yasmeen22 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:37 pm

dnf wrote:Hi Yasmeen,

If the accountant is employed by the firm than technically you are the firms client and therefore the accounts are deemed to have been prepared by the firm.

Please note that as per ACCA guidelines, the name under the accountants report on the accounts would be the firms name. Your accountant may be willing to put his name and the firms name.

Would Home Office pick this up? They may or they may not...

The choice will have to be yours...
Dear dnf
Dear Zimba

I sent HO an email and they answered me :
dnf wrote:Dear Yasmeen,
Thank you for your email.
I am unable to pre- assess any applications. However as long as the individual preparing the accounts meets the following, they should meet the requirements of the rules.
The accountant must have a valid licence to practice or practising certificate and must be a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the Association of Authorised Public Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy, the Institute of Financial Accountants, the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, the Association of International Accountants or the Association of Accounting Technicians.
Kind regards
I think they mean: the person who prepare it should have a valid cert. , my accountant signed the report and he is certified and has a valid cert.

So, I have choices:
1-Prepare new accountant report with accountant's name abnd his address only without company's name and company's address. This I can submit with my application without amending it with C.H.

2-Amend it without using any firm, just the accountant name and address.

I want to know if the director's loan will be mentioned in the next annual accounts and still same in the notes because it is in Creditor section.

Is it a condition to submit 3 years annual accounts.

If I invested in the first year as a director's loan, should I submit the first year accounts, or the next annual accounts can show it.

I have to hear from the gurus before any decision.

Thanks
Yasmeen

dnf

Post by dnf » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:30 pm

Hi Yasmeen,

If your accountant have a practicing certificate than using his name should be fine as long as it is his name and not the firms name. Please note that being a qualified accountant and holding a practicing certificate are 2 different things so make sure that you clarify this with your accountant.

Director loan is a balance sheet item so if you have loaned the company £50/£200k and have not taken it back than the loan will be shown every year till it is repaid. Please note that the loan will show the figure outstanding as at the yearend.

I am not aware that you have to send Home Office all 3 years accounts. In my opinion, one year accounts would suffice but you may want to send 2 for the safer side as that help with genuine entrepreneurship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:36 pm

Yasmeen22 wrote:Dear members and gurus,
My annual accounts has been prepared by ACCA accountant, he is not working with any firm (regulated or not regulated), he is a consultant. He signed my annual accounts and he mentioned his FCCA membership number. The accounts are on plain paper submitted to Companies House and electronically to HMRC.

Is it ok to do that?? or he should work with a regulated firm??

Kind regards,
Are you posting in Tier 1 Ent under two different usernames as there are two member IDs registered to your IP and the questions asked by both are almost identical? This is against forum T&Cs to have two usernames.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks zimba

But I remember you had a extension

Can you share about you experience your accountant and your firm was registered or accountant

I am completely confunce this is my first year
As a entrepreneur but I am submitting last year accounts but next
Account will be the first account as a entrepreneur
In my accounts they wrote like this

Accountant name
Date
Firm name
Charted certified accountants
Firm address

Please seniors little more advince
And clarification

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:56 pm

I do NOT understand why you put yourself in such a situation. Find an acceptable certified firm with a proper practising license and get on with it. This really should not be a problem worth spending so much time on

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:25 pm

Thanks
Yes you are 100%write

Basically before just I know we need charted accountant
And they said to me we r charted accountant
But then in my knowledge two things come up
1 charted account firm
2 charted acccountant
Then I was confuse and i checked with Acca then I relaysed
Accountant is certified but not firm