ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vignette Transfer - Tier 2 General Urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Vignette Transfer - Tier 2 General Urgent

Post by pateamrsh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:36 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have got my Tier 2 Visa.

However, I cant travel because of personal reason within 30 days. I understand that its possible to transfer 30 days vignette. Below is the extract from the guidelines.

ECB17.3 Replacing a 30 day short validity (travel) vignette
30 day vignettes can also be replaced using a transfer of conditions and not as a new application for leave to enter. For information on the current fee for a Transfer of Conditions see the visa fees page on GOV.UK.

If the applicant has been granted a 30 day vignette and fails to enter the UK within the 30 day validity period, they must make an application for a replacement 30 day vignette by applying for a Transfer of Conditions.

My question is can I apply for vignette transfer only after 30 days have expired? Or if I know for sure that I wont be able to travel within 30 days, can I apply for the vignette transfer while the 30 days visa is still not expired?? Basically do I have to wait for the 30 days vignette to expire before I can apply for vignette transfer.

Guys, its urgent could some one experienced please reply.

Thanks,

Ams.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Vignette Transfer - Tier 2 General Urgent

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 am

No, I believe you can apply after it expires, but not 100% sure.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... l-vignette

Did you not state on your application what your intended date of travel is?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:47 am

I did. Plan was to travel in November. But now situation has changed. My 30 days are valid till end of November.

Can I apply for vignette transfer now and say that the intended date of travel is 1st Jan 2017?? Basically I want to get it done as early as possible and then I have time to plan things.

Do we have to give any reason for vignette transfer?? Any documents to be submitted?? As far as I am aware, we only need to submit application form and passport.

pateamrsh
Newly Registered

Post by pateamrsh » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:32 am

Guys...30 days visa is valid till end of November. Guys...Can I apply for vignette transfer now and say that the intended date of travel is 1st Jan 2017?? Basically I want to get it done as early as possible and then I have time to plan things. I believe its possible.

Could someone please please please respond??