ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does sponsor's self-employed income affects EEA FP decision?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

salmouta
Newly Registered

Does sponsor's self-employed income affects EEA FP decision?

Post by salmouta » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 pm

We are planning to submit the second application for my EEA Family Permit, to return with my husband in the UK (I am tunisian, he is romanian citizen) and we want to know if the income he makes in the uk as self-employed can affect the approval decision.
We read in other places that they "should not ask" about, but on the other hand, the online application form requires this information, plus the Tax Return and National Insurance Contributions will also show the amount made in the last financial year. Because in the last period he traveled a lot, there were fewer worked months and therefore the declared income was very low (about 5300gbp).
We would like to know if this can affect the decision, or just proving his self-employed status by the contributions is what they are looking for?

Thank you.

salmouta
Newly Registered

Re: Does sponsor's self-employed income affects EEA FP decis

Post by salmouta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:05 am

My above post is actually referring to Minimum Earnings Threshold for a self-employed to be considered a valid EEA working migrant by the visa issuing office. Because I am not sure if they consider this or not.

Thank you

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:24 am

salmouta wrote:My above post is actually referring to Minimum Earnings Threshold for a self-employed to be considered a valid EEA working migrant by the visa issuing office. Because I am not sure if they consider this or not.

Thank you
This link explains the MET requirement for EEA citizens exercising their Treaty rights through self-employment

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mini ... introduced
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

salmouta
Newly Registered

Post by salmouta » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:56 am

Casa wrote: This link explains the MET requirement for EEA citizens exercising their Treaty rights through self-employment

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/mini ... introduced
To quote from the article"
To show they are undertaking genuine and effective work in the UK an EEA migrant will have to show that for the last 3 months they have been earning at the level at which employees start paying National Insurance.
So, this means that even if my last year's tax return shows the earnings under this minimum threshold, if in the last three months (or more) it's proven a sustained income that satisfied the MET, then is considered?
Anyone who had similar experiences to share? Thanks