ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik15

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by malik15 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 am

15 months and counting :(

Applied in August 2015 still no decision. Every time I contact HO I get the same reply: checks are not complete - carry on waiting.

Is there anyone who applied in August or before that but still not got a decision.

I think there were a few applicants in April but they haven't posted any updates. It will be very useful to know if they have now received the decision.

Regards
Malik15

MMM-MMM

Post by MMM-MMM » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:50 am

Hi Malik15, I am not far from you - 13 months and counting :(

Applied in 2nd October 2015 and still no decision. Every time I contact Home Office I get exactly the same reply checks are not complete - I got a letter last June saying it will take a further 3-6 months, well it is over the further 3-6 months and still no news!

below the latest reply I got from them!

I hope it is helpful to explain that naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

Our website states that we aim to process 95% of naturalisation applications within six months. It is made clear on the website that, in some cases, applications may take longer than six months to complete.

Our nationality team is subject to close scrutiny, regarding the way in which we deal with citizenship applications. On that basis, it is in our best interests to ensure that we handle all applications in accordance with the relevant law, policy and instructions.

As soon as all of our enquiries have been completed, a decision will be taken on Mr xxxxxxx's application and we will inform him of the decision immediately.

I hope this information is of assistance.

malik15

Post by malik15 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:44 pm

MMM-MMM wrote:Hi Malik15, I am not far from you - 13 months and counting :(

Applied in 2nd October 2015 and still no decision. Every time I contact Home Office I get exactly the same reply checks are not complete - I got a letter last June saying it will take a further 3-6 months, well it is over the further 3-6 months and still no news!

below the latest reply I got from them!

I hope it is helpful to explain that naturalisation is not an automatic process and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

Our website states that we aim to process 95% of naturalisation applications within six months. It is made clear on the website that, in some cases, applications may take longer than six months to complete.

Our nationality team is subject to close scrutiny, regarding the way in which we deal with citizenship applications. On that basis, it is in our best interests to ensure that we handle all applications in accordance with the relevant law, policy and instructions.

As soon as all of our enquiries have been completed, a decision will be taken on Mr xxxxxxx's application and we will inform him of the decision immediately.

I hope this information is of assistance.
I got the same response and I also received the letter in June. There are some candidates waiting longer than me but have been inactive on this forum. It's hard to tell if they have received a decision or they are still waiting.

It will be very helpful if those members are reading this post that they reply and update us on the current status.
I'm also sure that some if the senior member might have seen similar cases in the past and can share their knowledge

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:04 pm

HI Malik15
I got approval last week of October 2016 after wait of 11 month ..applied in November 215 and in july got same letter dated 24 june ...which stated ur application is under active consideration etc
hope you will get your approval soon
Ali

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:40 pm

pentaya wrote:
peckhampelican wrote:Hi there,

I have a question regarding Biometric Registration. I will be applying this week. I will be leaving the UK for 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday period.

Does anyone know:

1) How long it take to receive the invitation for biometric enrollment?
2) I assume there will be no such letter coming during the Christmas leave. Is this right?

I am trying to avoid missing the 15 days deadline of enrolling biometrics.

Thanks,
Please dont do this. Try to give your biometrics and then go for holidays. It wont take more than 2 weeks since you applied
Thank you for your advice. At NCS I got told that they might not ask me to give my biometrics because I did them last year for ILR? Is this correct? I thought we all need to give them regardless of whether you did it for ILR or not.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:09 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Thank you for your advice. At NCS I got told that they might not ask me to give my biometrics because I did them last year for ILR? Is this correct? I thought we all need to give them regardless of whether you did it for ILR or not.
Everyone applying has to submit biometrics, regardless of whether you enrolled them for any other application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:03 pm

peckhampelican wrote:
pentaya wrote:
peckhampelican wrote:Hi there,

I have a question regarding Biometric Registration. I will be applying this week. I will be leaving the UK for 2 weeks during the Christmas holiday period.

Does anyone know:

1) How long it take to receive the invitation for biometric enrollment?
2) I assume there will be no such letter coming during the Christmas leave. Is this right?

I am trying to avoid missing the 15 days deadline of enrolling biometrics.

Thanks,
Please dont do this. Try to give your biometrics and then go for holidays. It wont take more than 2 weeks since you applied
Thank you for your advice. At NCS I got told that they might not ask me to give my biometrics because I did them last year for ILR? Is this correct? I thought we all need to give them regardless of whether you did it for ILR or not.
Hi,
yes as CR1 said all have to do the biometrics again.
I got ILR last year but still did biometrics again last week! (hope no more!!)

TeWaio
Newly Registered

Post by TeWaio » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:41 pm

I had my NCS+JCAP appointment today (Camden) and the woman seeing me said there was no need to include any documents outside of passports, BRP, application form, LIUK test, and passport application form.

I queried her about the guidance notes making reference to evidence of having lived in the UK and evidence that all tax obligations to HMRC had been satisfied, and she said that the Home Office advises them on what to include and what she recommended should supersede the guidance notes. When I pressed the issue with her she seemed to get annoyed, then eventually let me include a signed employment verification letter, a 10 year record of NI contributions from HMRC, and last tax year's payslips + self-assessment tax return (as 1 year ago I became self employed).

Did I do the right thing making her include those documents?

Does anyone else have experience of being told not to include any of the "usual" documents?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:57 pm

@TeWaio:

I had two very good appointments at NCS Hillingdon at the end of August, very helpful and professional. Submitted the basics as you listed and employer's reference letter as suggested in the AN guidance notes. Note I have been with just one employer for the ten years. All accepted and I got my approval letter a couple of days ago. so you should be alright.

If you are wondering why I had two appointments, on the first one my English document wasn't acceptable (should have read the FAQ on this forum!). Saved me from a potentially expensive mistake.

Good Luck!
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:14 pm

I would send a recorded first class letter to the same address where application was sent originally, and including the details like full-name with date/place of birth and original nationality to help HO find out where is application.[/quote]

Thanks Edvent... I recieved it yesterday :)

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:43 pm

pentaya wrote:I would send a recorded first class letter to the same address where application was sent originally, and including the details like full-name with date/place of birth and original nationality to help HO find out where is application.
Thanks Edvent... I recieved it yesterday :)[/quote]

Congratulations; and to all those - still waiting; have faith - all will be good :)

kk16
Newly Registered

Post by kk16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi,
My naturalisation application have been refused because of warning i was given at the airport for carrying some excess of tobacco, have anyone else been refused coz of this, is there any point to appeal or should i leave it for 3 years and reapply.
many thanks for advice

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:29 pm

kk16 wrote:Hi,
My naturalisation application have been refused because of warning i was given at the airport for carrying some excess of tobacco, have anyone else been refused coz of this, is there any point to appeal or should i leave it for 3 years and reapply.
many thanks for advice
Your tobacco was confiscated and you were fined by court/HMRC?
Did you declare this in your application?
This probably counts as deception when dealing with government departments (customs).

Refusals cannot be appealed, only reconsideration is available, which I believe will only determine whether UKVI made an error in applying the rules. If the reason for refusal is correct and also if you didn't declare it then you are unlikely to have a case. Did UKVI advise you of the three years wait?
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

kk16
Newly Registered

Post by kk16 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:37 pm

i was not fined and it never went to court, and UKBorder officer told me at the time that this will not be recorder, in my application i did declare it , but from my own research this was never meant to be recorder as criminal. so i wonder if i will get anywhere with reconsidration

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:48 am

kk16 wrote:i was not fined and it never went to court, and UKBorder officer told me at the time that this will not be recorder, in my application i did declare it , but from my own research this was never meant to be recorder as criminal. so i wonder if i will get anywhere with reconsidration
Did they give you any paperwork, or receipt for confiscation? How long ago was this?
Perhaps you should post this in the main forum to get more input - I haven't seen any discussion here regarding customs violations.

edvent
Newly Registered

Post by edvent » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:07 am

kk16 wrote: i was not fined and it never went to court, and UKBorder officer told me at the time that this will not be recorder, in my application i did declare it , but from my own research this was never meant to be recorder as criminal. so i wonder if i will get anywhere with reconsidration
Just noticed you missed to answer a question from alterhase58 - Did UKVI advise you of the three years wait? Please try to exchange as much information as you can; because it will not only help you but also your fellows in the forum.

Once get the passport; never forget your friends here, got mine this week so just sharing knowledge and donating time.

======================
Intentions become Destiny
======================

gtht

Post by gtht » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:13 am

Out curiosity, I assume the more countries you've lived in the longer it takes for the application process to go through? I remember having to prove I had no criminal record in Argentina once and it took forever.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

rasammm
Newly Registered

Post by rasammm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:25 am

Do I need to apply for Permanent Residence card before apllyling for BC? I'm EEA national living and working in UK for 9 years?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:02 pm

rasammm wrote:Do I need to apply for Permanent Residence card before apllyling for BC? I'm EEA national living and working in UK for 9 years?
Yes. It is mandatory to submit a PR card (DCPR) with your application and this came into effect on 12th November 2015.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rasammm
Newly Registered

Post by rasammm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:38 pm

what does DCPR stand for? Can't figure it out.

rasammm
Newly Registered

Post by rasammm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:42 pm

what does DCPR stand for? Can't figure it out.
I filled the application for a document certifying permanent residence, form EEA (PR). Is that the one?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _03-16.pdf

rasammm
Newly Registered

Post by rasammm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:52 pm

Do I have to aplly for PR for my children as well before applying for their settlement in UK MN1?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:13 pm

rasammm wrote:what does DCPR stand for? Can't figure it out.
I filled the application for a document certifying permanent residence, form EEA (PR). Is that the one?
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _03-16.pdf
DCPR - Document Certifying Permanent Residence
rasammm wrote:Do I have to aplly for PR for my children as well before applying for their settlement in UK MN1?
Where were your children born and how old are they?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

rasammm
Newly Registered

Post by rasammm » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:52 pm

rasammm wrote:Do I have to aplly for PR for my children as well before applying for their settlement in UK MN1?
Where were your children born and how old are they?[/quote]

13 years old born in Lithuania
10 years old born in Lithuania
8 years old born in UK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:59 am

rasammm wrote:
Where were your children born and how old are they?
13 years old born in Lithuania Will need DCPR before applying for citinzenship
10 years old born in Lithuania Will need DCPR before applying for citinzenship
8 years old born in UK You can register child directly for citizenship on form MN1 under section 1(3) of the BNA, which is an entitlement to register.[/quote]
Char (CR001 not Casa)