ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration status while switching from T1(G) to T2(G)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VanessaSONG
Newly Registered

Immigration status while switching from T1(G) to T2(G)

Post by VanessaSONG » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:10 am

cherrypie wrote:Hi All,

I just thought I would update my post to help anyone who may find themselves in a similar position to myself, switching from T1 to T2 visa.

My current T1 leave expires in Feb 2017 and I will be 8 months short to qualify for ILR.

My company applied for a sponsor licence for 1 one unrestricted CoS allocation on July 8th, 2016. All information about me was declared at the sponsor application stage. We did not have to complete the RLMT as my job is a shortage occupation. Sponsor licence was approved on July 28th, 2016 with one 1 CoS available.

Company assigned the CoS to me on Oct 13th, 2016 using the SMS system. The process was automatic and the CoS was generated after payment was made.

I applied for T2 visa using online form on Oct 13th, 2016. Both NHS surcharge and visa application fee were debited from card on the same date and supporting documents posted to Home Office yesterday, Oct 15th, 2016. I will post on the Tier 2 forum to update my progress.

I hope this may help any of you in a similar situation.

Cheers,
N
Hello,

I am also in the same situation, switching from T1 to T2.

Currently, my company is applying a sponsor licence, and there are some doubts in the cover letter of answering questions in Appendix A.

If i am exemption from RLMT, should we attach the job advertisement with the application form ? And, do we need to answer the question of "how you identify this person" ?

And, any suggestions on the application of sponsor licence based in your experience ?

I would really appreciate that if you can answer my quires as I am super struggling with this now :(

cherrypie
South Africa

Re: Switching from T1(G) to T2(G)

Post by cherrypie » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Hi Vanessa,

Please see answers to your questions below.

Hello,

Currently, my company is applying a sponsor licence, and there are some doubts in the cover letter of answering questions in Appendix A.
We answered all the questions in Appendix A and submitted as an additional document together with any relevant supporting documents. Supporting documents relating to me included copies of my passport, BRP, degree certificate, UK Naric degree confirmation letter, IChemE memebrships, 3 months payslips. My manager prepared the documents relating to the company e.g. organisational structure, job description, etc

If i am exemption from RLMT, should we attach the job advertisement with the application form ?
The job advert was not included however company was prepared to submitted this later on if HO asked for this. Company has been recruiting since late 2013 but we haven't found suitable candidates so they were prepared to include this information if asked for at a later date.

And, do we need to answer the question of "how you identify this person" ?
They answered this question by saying I was employed following a standard recruitment process.

And, any suggestions on the application of sponsor licence based in your experience ?
If have any specific questions I am happy to answer them here or if you would like to talk to me you can PM me and I can give you my contact details. We found the whole process quite straight forward. The doubts I had are detailed in my earlier posts on this thread.

I would really appreciate that if you can answer my quires as I am super struggling with this now :([/quote]

VanessaSONG
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from T1(G) to T2(G)

Post by VanessaSONG » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:54 pm

cherrypie wrote:Hi Vanessa,

Please see answers to your questions below.

Hello,

We answered all the questions in Appendix A and submitted as an additional document together with any relevant supporting documents. Supporting documents relating to me included copies of my passport, BRP, degree certificate, UK Naric degree confirmation letter, IChemE memebrships, 3 months payslips. My manager prepared the documents relating to the company e.g. organisational structure, job description, etc

If i am exemption from RLMT, should we attach the job advertisement with the application form ?
The job advert was not included however company was prepared to submitted this later on if HO asked for this. Company has been recruiting since late 2013 but we haven't found suitable candidates so they were prepared to include this information if asked for at a later date.

And, do we need to answer the question of "how you identify this person" ?
They answered this question by saying I was employed following a standard recruitment process.

If have any specific questions I am happy to answer them here or if you would like to talk to me you can PM me and I can give you my contact details. We found the whole process quite straight forward. The doubts I had are detailed in my earlier posts on this thread.

I would really appreciate that if you can answer my quires as I am super struggling with this now :(
[/quote]

Hi Cherry,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I do have more questions about the SOC Code now.

I try to find the PM button but failed. And I can't click your name for more options.

If you can give me an alternative way to reach you, I would really appreciate that.

Thank you!

V

noajthan

Re: Immigration status while switching from T1(G) to T2(G)

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Post questions in public so all may contribute and benefit.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

VanessaSONG
Newly Registered

Post by VanessaSONG » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:10 pm

Hi All,

Appreciate everyone who replied here.

Currently, HR and I are struggling with the SOC Code.

My job title is Life Cycle Cost Analyst (Engineer) and my company is a manufacture company in transportation industry.

My job descriptions are close to code 3539 (Level 4), but my salary is higher enough for Level 6, and in Level 6, there are some codes also apply in my job description (i.e. 2423 or 2424), but 3539 looks closer.

In order to get T2, job level has to be level 6. So, in my case, how we can explain in our Cover Letter about this? Will the caseworker doubts about why we chose level 6 code rather than the closer one in Level 4(3539)?

Or, it is totally the employer to decide the code, the caseworker will not make their own justification which code the job is belonging to ?

Please please anyone can help, as our application now stuck here to submit.

Thank you !

V

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:16 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cherrypie
South Africa

Post by cherrypie » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Vanessa,

I don't think it matters too much about which code you pick. There were several codes which applied to me and we ended up picking the one we felt most suitable for the application. I would pick the NFQ level 6 code because its in line with the application and you also meet the salary requirement. As part of the additional questions for Appendix A include a detailed job description.

In my case I have a chemical engineering degree, however my job title is Senior Engineer. We picked the production and process engineer code. But with my experience and my current role I could say I am any one of the following engineers, project, process, water, oil & gas, HSE, R&D or even project manager. My manager prepared a detailed description of my role and duties as part of the Appendix A questions.

I think as long as your application is genuine and you can justify what you say should have no issues. In one of the guidance notes it does state that the HO recognises that job titles are generic and it is up to you to pick the appropriate code.

I hope this helps.

VanessaSONG
Newly Registered

Post by VanessaSONG » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:26 am

cherrypie wrote:Hi Vanessa,

I don't think it matters too much about which code you pick. There were several codes which applied to me and we ended up picking the one we felt most suitable for the application. I would pick the NFQ level 6 code because its in line with the application and you also meet the salary requirement. As part of the additional questions for Appendix A include a detailed job description.

In my case I have a chemical engineering degree, however my job title is Senior Engineer. We picked the production and process engineer code. But with my experience and my current role I could say I am any one of the following engineers, project, process, water, oil & gas, HSE, R&D or even project manager. My manager prepared a detailed description of my role and duties as part of the Appendix A questions.

I think as long as your application is genuine and you can justify what you say should have no issues. In one of the guidance notes it does state that the HO recognises that job titles are generic and it is up to you to pick the appropriate code.

I hope this helps.
Hello Cherry,

You have been such helpful !

Sorry, I think my current status here does not allow me to access to the PM, even go to mine private box !!!

So, I can't see your message and even can't reply to you !

I think I just too panic and worrying about the application as we all know it will cause serious bad consequences if it is been rejected.

I will go through the cover letter with our HR today and see how it goes.

I will keep update here and thanks for all your support , Cherry !