ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor, then fiance?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sp3ctre

Visitor, then fiance?

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:41 pm

I understand that the max you are supposed to come on a visitor visa is 6 months... however, if in this time we decided we wanted to get married, could my GF leave the country and come back quickly on a fiance visa, or would she have to stay there a while in order to do that?

frances2

Post by frances2 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm

As far as I'm aware, she can apply for a fiance visa as soon as she returns home, there is no need to wait.

Just make sure that she doesn't overstay on the visitor visa, otherwise you'll have had it. Has the visitor visa already been issued?

sp3ctre

Post by sp3ctre » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:43 pm

frances2 wrote:As far as I'm aware, she can apply for a fiance visa as soon as she returns home, there is no need to wait.

Just make sure that she doesn't overstay on the visitor visa, otherwise you'll have had it. Has the visitor visa already been issued?
No, we're currently waiting on feedback from the unis, as she's applied for a degree course... just thinking of the next step if that falls through.