ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA PR - haven't heard from Home Office - please help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Denise1313
Newly Registered

EEA PR - haven't heard from Home Office - please help

Post by Denise1313 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:41 pm

Please, please, i would really appreciate any advice on this. Sent my application on 18.07., I was charged £65 7 days later, but so far i haven't received any confirmation email from Home Office. I have sent them an email and letter but no reply. Please is there a way how to get in touch with Home Office so i know what's going on? Much appreciated - thank you!

MrsGreenside

Re: EEA PR - haven't heard from Home Office - please help

Post by MrsGreenside » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:45 pm

You can contact them but they will not look into your case until 6 months have passed. They will only tell you to get back in touch if you haven't heard anything by 18 January 2017 once the 6 months are up. They charged you so you can be sure they're processing your stuff. Good luck!

Denise1313
Newly Registered

Post by Denise1313 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Thank you Mrs Greenside for your reply. I am aware of 6 months waiting time. However, my friend sent her application 2 months ago and got her comfirmation email 3 weeks later. What worries me, why some people get email from them amd some don't? How do you know what's going on and where your papers are when you don't have a reference number for your case?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:32 pm

A lot of people never got any confirmation emails and received their DCPR without issues, probably just a matter of email addresses being misspelt or going into the junk folder, I wouldn't worry.
If you want to make sure that they have your application and remind them they have it, why not request your documents (e.g. PP) back?! Even without a reference number, they will be able to identify you by name, DOB and address.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Denise1313
Newly Registered

Post by Denise1313 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:17 pm

Thank you for your advices. By any chance, do you know the average number of days people get their DCPR?

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:19 pm

Have a look at the timelines in this forum :)
At the moment it seems to take on average 4-5 months for EEA applicants.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:02 am

Denise1313 wrote:...

However, my friend sent her application 2 months ago and got her comfirmation email 3 weeks later. What worries me, why some people get email from them amd some don't? How do you know what's going on and where your papers are when you don't have a reference number for your case?
Take a chill pill.
Expect no feedback, no confirmations and no handholding.
Just because someone else heard something or didn't hear something means nothing for your case.

Its just a case of sitting tight and waiting.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.