ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXTENSION - WRONG SOC CODE

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maninder1438
Newly Registered

TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXTENSION - WRONG SOC CODE

Post by maninder1438 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Hi

can you please help and advice me. My sponsor accidentally entered wrong soc code - job title, job description & pay on tier 2 general extension. file already submitted to ukba. we got call for ukba after 5 weeks and they ask for labour market test condition which needed for new soc code (which accidentally entered). my sponsor spoken with case handler and told them there was administrative error while generating SOC. my sponser cannot add note on COS now and its showing that used by home office. now my sponsor sent a letter from their side - admitting their mistake and request ukba to keep the same job title , job description and revised salary (equivalent to experienced worker). my sponsor also written that if you need new COS we can issue new COS or if you can accept the previous COS (which has got wrong SOC code)

we sent them letter 3 days ago and still they did not give any decision yet. i am so stressed and do not know what will happen. can you please guide what shall i do now. shall we sent new SOC (because sponsor cannot add notes or amend existing COS becasue already used by HO)
Please advice me

Thanks
Mani

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: TIER 2 (GENERAL) EXTENSION - WRONG SOC CODE

Post by iworker » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:08 pm

I would ask your sponsor to be prepared to issue another cos. Dont do it right now.. but be prepared for it.. have the allocation ready , and if and when u receive refusal, u can send a new application.
Also, be advised, if your last leave has already expired, and this application gets rejected, u will not be covered by 3c and would need to stop working for the duration your application is decided.