ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Issues with spouse application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Issues with spouse application

Post by Casa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:36 pm

rawgold wrote:Thanks again Casa
Welcome. Don't be afraid to ask. That's why the forum's here.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:35 pm

Appendix fm 18(d)

"And the requirements of this appendix for specified evidence relating to salaried employment shall apply as if references to salary were references to income from non-salaried employment".

My question to that quote which related to my non salaried employment regarding question about employment letter...I was told on this forum that since am on non salaried employment I will not need to add my gross earning onto employment letter requested by home office but with this quote, was the advise given on this forum valid concerning the goss earning on the letter.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:42 am

rawgold wrote:Appendix fm 18(d)

"And the requirements of this appendix for specified evidence relating to salaried employment shall apply as if references to salary were references to income from non-salaried employment".

My question to that quote which related to my non salaried employment regarding question about employment letter...I was told on this forum that since am on non salaried employment I will not need to add my gross earning onto employment letter requested by home office but with this quote, was the advise given on this forum valid concerning the goss earning on the letter.
Your payslips are evidence of this, the fact that you get weekly payslips. And you get paid hourly, which your employer stated on your employment letter!

And, it would be helpful if you showed your payslips on an excel type format, so the ECO can see clearly that it is non-salaried.

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:16 pm

Thanks Mobeen.

Can you pls guide me through on the 28 days rule for documents..was the 28 rule applicable before application are made and if so, what do they term as application date? The date application got submitted online or the day finger prints were taken? Am so sorry that am asking too many question

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:29 pm

The date of application is when it was submitted online.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:32 pm

rawgold wrote:Thanks Mobeen.

Can you pls guide me through on the 28 days rule for documents..was the 28 rule applicable before application are made and if so, what do they term as application date? The date application got submitted online or the day finger prints were taken? Am so sorry that am asking too many question

The date of appication refers to when it's submitted online. Your documents, in this case, last payslip can be no older than 28 days from when you submitted your online application!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Thanks to both of you..

Am in another dilemma, the letter from landlord is giving me headache. I called my estate agent today.
Mr so so is the tenant at so so address, that the property is one bedroom apartment, that am a good tenant and I pay my rent on time. Is more of description of the property and praises of the tenant to me. Is this enough to say my wife can stay at property?

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:48 pm

rawgold wrote:Thanks to both of you..

Am in another dilemma, the letter from landlord is giving me headache. I called my estate agent today.
Mr so so is the tenant at so so address, that the property is one bedroom apartment, that am a good tenant and I pay my rent on time. Is more of description of the property and praises of the tenant to me. Is this enough to say my wife can stay at property?
As far as I am aware, the letter needs to state explicitly, in clear terms, that your landlord gives permission for your wife to stay in the apartment. If that's not written, then no, it won't work!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:54 pm

MobeenSaeed wrote:
rawgold wrote:Thanks to both of you..

As far as I am aware, the letter needs to state explicitly, in clear terms, that your landlord gives permission for your wife to stay in the apartment. If that's not written, then no, it won't work!

Correct
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:59 pm

So am in such a mess .. they were claiming it was because of government laws.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:04 pm

rawgold wrote:So am in such a mess .. they were claiming it was because of government laws.

This admittedly has caused problems due to the introduction of penalties for a landlord renting a property to a tenant with no right to reside in the UK.

How about asking the landlord to provide a letter stating that as long as your wife has a valid spouse visa he will be happy for her to live in the accommodation. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:13 pm

Exactly what I just said to the agent and she was even getting rude about the whole thing. I even said to her that there is no way she come into the country without visa talkless of her staying at the property. This particular agency/agent are just unperturbed about others than themselves.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Do you have the landlord's contact details to go direct?
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Don't have is number.. I would've contacted him/her myself. Am so confused

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Good evening gurus ... just a quick one, we've applied for my wife application today but need to know if we have to include the online application form and appendix 2 form
among the documents that we need to submit to Sheffield?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:04 pm

I don't think that there is need to write especially the name of your wife on letter by agency giving permission but as casa said that they can write that as long as she has valid visa can live there.
And if you are on non-salaried wages then definitely employer can't write annual gross wages rather can mention per hour wage and employment terms conditions but regardless of employment terms conditions the wages must meet the required threshold.

My main question here that if a person is on zero hour contract but earning more wages than threshold via non-salaried then whether zero hour contract will be acceptable??
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:14 pm

rawgold wrote:Good evening gurus ... just a quick one, we've applied for my wife application today but need to know if we have to include the online application form and appendix 2 form
among the documents that we need to submit to Sheffield?
You need to print the Appendix 2 and include it with your other documents that are you sending to Sheffield.
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:30 pm

Thanks seagul and Casa...

I've manage to get a letter stating that the appartment is conducive for two people after going through necessary check and having right to live in uk. I think that bit is sorted

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:23 am

Good morning, just a quick question please. I just discovered on my payslips difference of about 3p on my hourly pay.. could this pose any problem?

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 am

rawgold wrote:Good morning, just a quick question please. I just discovered on my payslips difference of about 3p on my hourly pay.. could this pose any problem?
Be a bit more specific?

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:57 am

seagul wrote: My main question here that if a person is on zero hour contract but earning more wages than threshold via non-salaried then whether zero hour contract will be acceptable??
Well, first thing I would do is double check your contract, and in there it should state if you're on a zero hour contract or not. Because in your contract it states whether you will get minimum working hours or not, if so, then you're not on zero hour contract, which is most likely the case!

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:19 am

Thanks Mobeen...lets say on employment letter they say am earning £5.19 some months down the line it changes to £5.187. am not on zero hour contract. i have a fixed hour contract with over time. what do you think i should do

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:00 am

rawgold wrote:Thanks Mobeen...lets say on employment letter they say am earning £5.19 some months down the line it changes to £5.187. am not on zero hour contract. i have a fixed hour contract with over time. what do you think i should do
Well, given the new info, I would ask, without overtime, are you able to meet the financial requirement? Because you just mentioned you "fixed" it by doing overtime? If so, this could be an area of concern as HO will point out overtime is not "guaranteed", by definition, and, therefore could be problematic.

Well, given your example, the change in pay is extremely insignifcant and your payroll department may just be rounding up or down. As to why they are doing that, most likely scenario could be due to number of hours completed, though I would double check, just to be sure, and, of course mention that in your cover letter!
Last edited by MobeenSaeed on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:05 am

I hope your employer hasn't only been paying you £5.19 per hour. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)

rawgold

Post by rawgold » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:17 am

thanks again mobeen... i earn more than 18600 without overtime... but they usually add everything up together and have been doing the overtime for years now.