ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finally, long journey is over :-)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

holaiker

Finally, long journey is over :-)

Post by holaiker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:29 am

This may well be the most existing weekend i have ever experienced since i came to England almost 10 years ago.

I submitted my citizenship application through NCS @ Bexley Council on 31-03-2016 and my approval just arrived on Friday 11-11-2016 (Date is 02-11-2016). What a relief...My 7.5 months' wait has finally come to an end...

What has also come to my attention is that the approval date, which is 02-11-2016, is actually the last date of the 6-month standard time frame if they count 6-month from the date they receive the biometrics. Although my application was submitted on 31-03-2016, i did not attend biometrics appintment until 30-04-2016, which is a Saturday. The following Monday is a bank holiday, which means the 1st working day should be 03-05-2016 after my biometrics submission. From 03-05-2016 to 02-11-2016, it is just 6 months. Although i have called and emailed UKVI several times and my local MP has helped as well, now ive realised that my case was actually handled within the standard time frame.

I am not sure why it took 6 months for UKVI to make a decision on my case, but i think it might have something to do with NCS @ Bexley. I remember that I did take my P60s, employer letter, pay slips...quote a lot of documents about my work to the appointment, but NCS staff said that these documents are not on the required document list, so they would not take any of them...They only thing that is not on the list but they can take is a cover letter...They also said that if i insist on submitting these documents together with my application, they would not be able to provide the service to me further...Although UKVI did not contact me at all to request further documents, i think the time was wasted in verifying the information on the application form, which could have been shortened if i had had the opportunity to submit all supporting documents with the application.

But anyway, it has been approved. To those who are still waiting for approval, GOOD LUCK with everything. i would also like to take this opportunity to say 'thank you' to all members in this forum who helped me in the past few years.

noajthan

Re: Finally, long journey is over :-)

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

An inspiring case. Congratulations and enjoy your ceremony.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Finally, long journey is over :-)

Post by GMO » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:50 pm

holaiker wrote:This may well be the most existing weekend i have ever experienced since i came to England almost 10 years ago.

I submitted my citizenship application through NCS @ Bexley Council on 31-03-2016 and my approval just arrived on Friday 11-11-2016 (Date is 02-11-2016). What a relief...My 7.5 months' wait has finally come to an end...

What has also come to my attention is that the approval date, which is 02-11-2016, is actually the last date of the 6-month standard time frame if they count 6-month from the date they receive the biometrics. Although my application was submitted on 31-03-2016, i did not attend biometrics appintment until 30-04-2016, which is a Saturday. The following Monday is a bank holiday, which means the 1st working day should be 03-05-2016 after my biometrics submission. From 03-05-2016 to 02-11-2016, it is just 6 months. Although i have called and emailed UKVI several times and my local MP has helped as well, now ive realised that my case was actually handled within the standard time frame.

I am not sure why it took 6 months for UKVI to make a decision on my case, but i think it might have something to do with NCS @ Bexley. I remember that I did take my P60s, employer letter, pay slips...quote a lot of documents about my work to the appointment, but NCS staff said that these documents are not on the required document list, so they would not take any of them...They only thing that is not on the list but they can take is a cover letter...They also said that if i insist on submitting these documents together with my application, they would not be able to provide the service to me further...Although UKVI did not contact me at all to request further documents, i think the time was wasted in verifying the information on the application form, which could have been shortened if i had had the opportunity to submit all supporting documents with the application.

But anyway, it has been approved. To those who are still waiting for approval, GOOD LUCK with everything. i would also like to take this opportunity to say 'thank you' to all members in this forum who helped me in the past few years.
Very good to know :) Can you please tell us how ur local MP helped you regarding the issue and how doest it work? it will bereally helpful.