ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amarfa2
Newly Registered

Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Post by amarfa2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:52 am

Hello
I could not find a recent thread about passport expiry issues.
I need help.
I am on tier 1 and my extension application and AR have been refused. I have 14 days to either leave or submit a fresh application.
The problem is my passport expires in less than 6 months but my wife's passport (who is dependant on my visa) is expiring in 10 days.
Could someone please help me if I am still able to submit a fresh application?
Could her passport be problematics??
Thanks

MYA

Re: Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Post by MYA » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Hi

Just apply with ur exciting passports, keep the photocopy of all passport, don't go for renewal first, as HO don't bother about ur passports as they only bother about whether u r overstayers or not!!!!

If they ask you that ur passports are expired later during application process then attach that HO letter with copies of ur expired passports to your embassy or consulate for renewal, they will renew it because they can see by HO letter that your passports are with them.

My suggestion is don't wait till u r overstayed .

Or there is another possibility that you can use your HO acknowledgement of receiving of your application to renew your passports.

Main thing is that when you applied, at that date your passports were valid .

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Passport expired while waiting for appeal!

Post by zimba » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Apply before expiry of the passports. You have no other choice.
It is silly not to plan ahead to renew your passports when you knew that you have to apply for a new visa ! :?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice