ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Application from Tier 1 (General) - Letter of Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MagicMovies
India

ILR Application from Tier 1 (General) - Letter of Absence

Post by MagicMovies » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Hello,

My first entry was on 30 March, 2011. I am now eligible for ILR. However, I have a slight concern.

The total number of holidays outside of UK is 237. However, in no consecutive 12 month period, have I ever been outside the UK for more than 180 days. So far so good.

For the absences from January, 2013 onwards I have a letter from my current employer that I was away on Vacation. I have the payslips and bank statements to confirm the same as well.

For the period from April 2011 to December 2012, I do not have a letter of absence from my old employer. However, I do have the payslips and bank statements to confirm that these were the paid vacations.

I have two questions.

1. So, do I mark Yes for the question 6.3 as I have the letter of absence from the current employer (January 2013 to October 2016) and include my own letter for (April 2011 to December 2012) or do I not mention anything in the answer for question 6.3 but carry these documents in case they ask me regarding it?

2. I also have another issue wherein my last working day at my previous employer was 7 December, 2012 and my start date with my new employer was on 16 January, 2013. It was not because I was without a job and had to leave the country. I had already booked my holiday before I got the new offer and therefore I went home.

I do have the following documents though
  • 1. payslip which indicates salary for 7 days of December, 2012 and my holiday encashment for 12 days from my previous employer.
    2. offer letter from current employer
    3. date of joining confirmation letter from current employer
    4. payslip which indicates salary for 15 days of January 2013 by new employer
So, as before do I take these documents with me and explain to the CW or mention these in an addendum?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

MagicMovies
India

Re: ILR Application from Tier 1 (General) - Letter of Absenc

Post by MagicMovies » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 am

To anyone in the same boat as I was.

1. So, do I mark Yes for the question 6.3 as I have the letter of absence from the current employer (January 2013 to October 2016) and include my own letter for (April 2011 to December 2012) or do I not mention anything in the answer for question 6.3 but carry these documents in case they ask me regarding it?

I stated Yes for the question 6.3 but carried these documents and submitted the following as proof
  • 1. P60 for the Year 2012
    • 2. Payslips (Not Attested)
    • 3. Bank Statements with clear indication of when the salary was paid

_________________________________________________________________________________

2. I also have another issue wherein my last working day at my previous employer was 7 December, 2012 and my start date with my new employer was on 16 January, 2013. It was not because I was without a job and had to leave the country. I had already booked my holiday before I got the new offer and therefore I went home.

No evidence submitted regarding this.

Hope it helps.