ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return of ID documents more than 10 days

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kaba

Return of ID documents more than 10 days

Post by Kaba » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if anybody is experiencing the same issue.

My wife has applied for the permanent residence certificate as an EEA national more than 3 months ago. As we needed her passport back, we requested online for her travel document to be returned, without withdrawing her application. The thing is that the HO states that it will try to return the travel documents within 10 working days. In our case it is already 15 working days and we are still waiting.

Has anybody else experiences such a delay in returning the travel documents when applying for a permanent residence certificate for EEA nationals?

I am a bit suspicious and basically hoping that since we asked for her travel document back, that they might be processing her application now and send us back the certificate and all her documents. I have seen that nowadays it takes roughly 6 months for the application to be processed.

Thanks in advance for your time.

ijjlian

Re: Return of ID documents more than 10 days

Post by ijjlian » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Hello,

I recently applied for a EEA residence card (5-year). Upon receiving my CoA, I also issued a request for documents back for my passport and one other document. For me the 10 workings days will be over on 17th November. I will keep you updated with regards to my experience.

I asked them to use the RoyalMail first class pouch since I urgently need the documents for my naturalisation application to another country. Nothing happened yet.

Have you tried sending a message to the contact "my documents are not back"? I saw this on their website where there is the link to the form you fill for receiving the documents back.

Keep also posted about your experience pls.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi there,

To be honest I was willing to give them roughly a month before getting in touch with them again.

The purpose of my post is just to see if people are experiencing a slight delay in the return of travel document as we do.

Thanks

ijjlian

Post by ijjlian » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:49 pm

If you do not have a rush that is alright. I am also curious about recent experience.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:08 pm

All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for the link! I was not aware of it. I will use it to see what is going on with the documents.

Thanks!

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:33 am

FYI

I used the link on Monday but no reply from HO i.e. no email, call or letter. So it will almost be a month since we requested the travel documents back.

ijjlian

Post by ijjlian » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:27 pm

Just an update on my side: I received my passport back today on 17th November. The Home Office sent my documents in the Special Delivery envelope I provided them. I had requested them to send them with this envelope.

The fact that I receveid the docs today means that they posted them yesterday (next day delivery guarantee).

This could indicate that if they sent your documents by Second Class Signed for service, it can take longer. Royal Mail told me that there is no time guarantee for their second class service.

You might still receive them.

salmintin

Post by salmintin » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:44 pm

After 2 months I got my MP involved. Even with his "intervention" it still took an extra month for them to send me the ID. So around 60 working days in total.

It's a very rare case, but it does happen.

Kaba

Post by Kaba » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Well good luck to us then :) Up to 2 months would be kind of alright. Let's wait and see :)

Thanks guys