ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Refused. Make sure you have joint bank accounts if SS!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dabursot2
Newly Registered

EEA2 Refused. Make sure you have joint bank accounts if SS!

Post by dabursot2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:27 pm

Well its now 2016 (4 years later and I am in this exact same situation) I (non-EEA) landed a job in the UK, my wife is EEA (italian) and she is taking care of our 1 month old baby (born in the US).

I have had an EEA FP since July 2016, entered the day after it became valid, she stayed with us for a week then went to the US to have our baby, and I joined about one month after our arrival in the UK.

I landed this job on the 31st of October (15 days ago) and of course need to apply for the EEA residence card and temporary residence due to the fact that my EEA FP will expire in January 2017; of course she cannot work because of the new-born.

We have enough savings (50K USD) and would like to apply for self-sufficiency, my job provides enough for the three of us here in the UK.
My EEA2 was denied because we never bothered to get joint bank accounts! I feel very stupid that I didn't think to do this. I never had read on any forums this might be needed so I didn't think of it. Although in hindsight I can see why they would want this.
Does this mean the account on which you had your savings or your UK account?

The thing is we have our savings under my name on a different US account, however our UK account is joint and she can have access to that.

Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated since we are in a bit of a situation here.

Thanks and regards to all.