ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowledge of English for citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pravachangupta
Newly Registered

Knowledge of English for citizenship

Post by pravachangupta » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for helping each other.

I need a small help regarding the knowledge of English for citizenship requirement while submitting the AN1 form for my wife.
I already got my British Passport and now I am planning to apply for my wife's Naturalization under spouse is a British citizen.
I have one question regarding knowledge of English requirement, she already done her English test in Jan 2015 while applying for ILR in Feb 2015.
Her Certificate details are:
Pearson Edexcel Entry Level Certificate
ESOL - Skill For Life (Speaking and Listening)
Level Attained : Entry 3
Date of Issue: 29th Jan 2015

I have a question that does this certificate will be valid for her AN1 form too or She need to get the English certificate done again from any list of authorized list of institute.

newbie0203
India

Re: Knowledge of English for citizenship

Post by newbie0203 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:04 pm

If your wife used that ESOL certificate for ILR, then you can just tick the option that you got ILR after Oct 2013 and proved your English skills. No need to do another test.