ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration Certificate EEA (QP) Refused (HO fault)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Registration Certificate EEA (QP) Refused (HO fault)

Post by apocalypse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:14 am

Hi all

I just received today a letter form the HO refusing a Registration Certificate on the ground that my National ID card is expired.

I am a EEA (Greek) national and submitted my Greek ID card as a proof.

They said that they refused me because its expired on 22-03-2007.

This is WRONG, this date is the issue date, Greek National ID cards have no expiration date.

This is clearly a mistake of the case worker, it read the issue date as an expiration date.

I would have thought they have samples of national id cards in their systems so the can read relevant information.

What should I do??

- Do I appeal ? and if so i have to pay a fee to do so and wait a long time for a decision, when clearly this is a mistake on their part.
- Apply again
- Make an appointment to apply in person.
- Call and explain

They only refused me on this and were happy with me running a successful bussines.

Is there a number I can call to explain that they made a mistake?

Any advice and help is welcome and thank you in advance

Obie
Ireland

Re: Registration Certificate EEA (QP) Refused (HO fault)

Post by Obie » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:18 pm

That is wrong and you must seek reconsideration.

It makes no sense to appeal. You could have used a PEO service.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Obie wrote:That is wrong and you must seek reconsideration.

It makes no sense to appeal. You could have used a PEO service.
Hi Obie

Thanks for your reply

I considered the PEO service but because (so I thought) it it a straight forward case I didn't want to loose a day off work so I applied by post. I didn't expect that they can't read ID cards properly!

Do you know if there is a procedure for reconsidaration? How do I do this?
Is there a number i can call, possibly to speak to the case worker that handled my application?

Thanks

wegiwegi
Switzerland

Post by wegiwegi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:35 am

apocalypse wrote:This is WRONG, this date is the issue date, Greek National ID cards have no expiration date.
Greek ID cards are valid for 15 years, there is always an expiration date, just no expiration date on a Greek ID.
I would get printed information about this, and reapply, would be cheaper than the appeal costs. This is clearly an error from the case worker.
Timeline:
Fourth application sent 21.07.17
HO received 24.07.17
Paid on 25.07.17
Biometrics 23.08.17
COA received 07.09.17
Passports received 07.09.16
Documents returned 13.11.17 dated 09
RC 13.11.17 dated 09

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:30 am

Just write back to the same caseworker with his/her name and your case ID number and point out the error. Also remember to send it by recorded delivery with extra paid special delivery for the returned document.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:38 am

Hi
Thanks for the replies

I wrote a letter explaining the error and to be reconsidered, I will addressed it to the case worker that handled my application and post it express and signed for tomorrow morning.

I was wondering if its worth calling them first, is there a change of speaking to the case worker directly? Or i am waisting my time??

Thanks

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:14 pm

Just an update,

I sent a Reconsideration letter (special delivery) to the case worker that handled my case on Monday (01.02.16).

I decided to re-apply through a PEO service as well as its free for Registration Certificates (EEA). I booked that for the 29.02.16. I can cancel this up to five days before and get my application fee back if I have a positive response/decision from the case worker.

Will my original refused application show as 'open" (after they received my reconsideration letter) when i turn up for the appointment? I don't want to turn up for my appointment and be told that there is an another application pending.

From what I understand reconsiderations letters don't have a time limit to be handled/replied to, is that true?

FYI. I spoke with the helpline and they advised me to write a letter explaining that the case worker read my ID wrong, but they couldn't tell me how long I should wait for a reply or decision. They also suggested I could re-apply.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Federal

Post by Federal » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:03 am

Reading this gave me a run of cold sweat, Apocalypse. I've applied for an EEA(PR) and sent a Greek ID card (along with a certified copy of my passport - I couldn't give that up as I travel for work) and didn't for a minute think to send an explainer of how Greek ID cards work (or in most cases, don't work).

I don't mean to hijack your thread - I hope you have a swift resolution soon. I just dread to realise that a rejection can come so simply. I would have thought that a potential discrepancy like that would have been flagged with the applicant, had there been any doubt from the caseworker's point of view. A quick 2-minute phonecall would have prevented hours (if not days!) of additional work.

Best of luck (to us all...)

cogumela17
Newly Registered

Post by cogumela17 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:42 am

Hi apocalypse!

Did you case work out then?

Mine and my husband's has just been refused due to lack of information abou my employment - which is not true, but must be reconsidered since the apparently lost my letter of change of circumstances I have sent 2 months after the application. Well, tell me how did your case go!

Thanks!

apocalypse
Newly Registered

Post by apocalypse » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:07 pm

I did sent the reconsideration letter as stated above and about 3 weeks later I received my certificate (btw no apology on the letter, but at least it saved me reapplying).
Good luck!

cogumela17
Newly Registered

Post by cogumela17 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:29 pm

Thank you very much, apocalypse!

I sent as well a reconsideration letter on the 28.10.2016 but still haven't received any message.

My husband is really worried - he is the non EEA national in this case.

We called the HO today and they told us to appeal. But I have read a lot and most of the "refused people" just re-apply, since the appeal takes too long to be completed.

Thank you very much again for your response!

All the best,
Cristina