ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

JCAP & Application Forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tatetate

JCAP & Application Forms

Post by tatetate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:24 pm

Greetings,

I am intending to apply in upcoming few days for Naturalisation via JCAP Route.

My Question is, I have managed to down AN Form (01.2016 Version) From Gov.UK

However i dont know where can i get/download the passport application for JCAP.

Please ignore my ignorance if this has been asked before, help will be appreciated.

Also, Can i travel abroad during application process.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Tate

alterhase58
Germany

Re: JCAP & Application Forms

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:29 pm

Get the passport form from the Post Office - online is not possible with JCAP.
Yes you can travel during process as NCS will take a certified copy of your passport or other ID and return the original to you. But suggest don't travel before biometrics so you don't miss that step - afterwards yes, but still have someone check your mail just in case HO asks for further details or documents (you then only have a short window to respond).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 pm

Many thanks,

is there only one type of passport form at post-office? do i need to look for jcap related passport form.

Thanks

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:44 pm

English language requirements were met while we applied for ILR,

What do we need to provide with AN Form then?

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:47 pm

tatetate wrote:English language requirements were met while we applied for ILR,

You need to provide the following

Please see the checklist of documents required for Naturalisation.

Naturalisation Application form (Always keep 2 copies as an extra measure with 1 additional Blank Copy with Referee Signatures) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 1-2016.pdf
Current Passport + ILR
3 Pasport Size pictures
Employment history from HMRC for last 10 years: 03002003300. They send only for last 6 years. However, You must mention the previous employment in application form. If you don't remember, Please mention that you don't remember the employment dates.
English Language qualification -- Present the one when yu applied for ILR
Current Employment Letter and last 3 payslips (Not necessary, But it always help and consider the application quickly)
Life in UK
Driving License Clearance (Hope you don't have any offences !). Access it from here: https://www.viewdrivingrecord.service.g ... nce-number
2 Passport Application forms (Pick them from the Post office). Fill one form and keep another as spare
Print of NCS Appointment Letter.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:51 pm

pentaya wrote:
tatetate wrote:English language requirements were met while we applied for ILR,

Process

Fill the application form, Get the signatures from all the referees. Gather all the information required. Call HMRC and order the employment history letter tomorrow as it take upto 2 weeks.
After completing the application form, Call NCS and book the appointment.
Once you have everything ready, Submit the application with documents with NCS. Most of the NCS officers are Okay but still you may get some dumb asses. Hence, Check everything from your side also. Especially with the 2 payment slips one for HO and another Passport. Please fill your card details and CVV code correctly. I had an issue with this when applied through NCS. Also, You can mention your Naturalisation ceremony council same as NCS as that would be lot easier.
NCS will take all the copies and return all your originals except LIUK.
Well the count down starts. In 7 - 10 days of your application submission, money will be deducted from your bank account. One for HO and another for Passport.
In 10- 15 days of your application submission, You recieve the letter for biometrics. Submit them in the nearest post office.
Now it takes mostly 2 - 3 months to get your application approved. (Standard HO time is 6 months, Hopefully not for us)
Once approved, You recieve 2 letters. One for approval from HO and another for ceremony from local council. Sometimes you recieve only HO approval letter and call NCS to book the ceremony dates.
Right after the Ceremoney, send your ILR Biometric card return to HO as you are a British Citizen now. https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-c ... p-ceremony
You recieve the passport in less than a week after the ceremony

Costs: Approximate costs for the whole process would be around £1500.

tatetate

Post by tatetate » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:20 pm

Many thanks,

Will they make copies at ncs? or do i have to make them before i go there?
How about passport copies? entire passport should be photocopied or only visa page?

Thanks again for your help

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:27 am

NCS only take copies of your supporting documents including passport.
You should take copies of your form AN and Passport Application, not done by NCS.
So you know what you put in the form if there are any queries later (copies come in handy for all sorts of situations, not just BC/PP).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:18 am

tatetate wrote:Many thanks,

How about passport copies? entire passport should be photocopied or only visa page?

The council will have a photocopier. They'll sort all that out, just take the original documents.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:43 pm

tatetate wrote:Many thanks,

Please dont worry too much. Just take all the originals and they can photo copy for you. Also, You can request the NCS officer to photocopy additional documents to files for your own purposes.