ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable currently Tier 2 Dependent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

spp222
Newly Registered

Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable currently Tier 2 Dependent

Post by spp222 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Dear Moderator,

I need some guidance from you. I came to UK in Nov 2013 as Tier 2 ICT long term staff with a 3 year long visa expiring in Dec 2016. But I switched to Tier 2 General Dependant on 01/03/2016 and left the oversees employer in Mar 2016. I have been living in the UK since Nov 13 till date.

I have recently received a job offer and my prospective employer is happy to issue a CoS for me in the next few weeks.

1. Can I apply for Tier 2 General Visa straight away from my existing T2G dependant visa?
2. Is there any cooling-off period applicable to switch to T2G considering the previous T2 ICT visa which I had?
3. If answer to 2 is 'yes', when can I apply for T2 General visa?
4. Do I have to apply for T2 General visa from the home country ONLY?

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable currently Tier 2 De

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:53 pm

spp222 wrote:Dear Moderator,

I need some guidance from you. I came to UK in Nov 2013 as Tier 2 ICT long term staff with a 3 year long visa expiring in Dec 2016. But I switched to Tier 2 General Dependant on 01/03/2016 and left the oversees employer in Mar 2016. I have been living in the UK since Nov 13 till date.

I have recently received a job offer and my prospective employer is happy to issue a CoS for me in the next few weeks.

1. Can I apply for Tier 2 General Visa straight away from my existing T2G dependant visa? You have to wait 12 months as Tier 2 G Dep before you can apply for Tier 2 G. You are not exempt from the 12 month cooling off period.

2. Is there any cooling-off period applicable to switch to T2G considering the previous T2 ICT visa which I had? Yes, 12 months, see #1.

3. If answer to 2 is 'yes', when can I apply for T2 General visa? Once you have spent a 12 months on Tier 2 G Dependent

4. Do I have to apply for T2 General visa from the home country ONLY? Yes.

I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

spp222
Newly Registered

Re: Is Tier 2 Cool off period applicable currently Tier 2 De

Post by spp222 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 am

Thanks for your response, it helps a lot