ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC Refree Confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swadhwani
India

BC Refree Confusion

Post by swadhwani » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:33 am

Hello Gurus,

I am currently on ILR and will apply for BC on 23/11 through NCS. I have already taken NCS appointment and need to work on my application.

I have some question re. referees. I understand one of the referee must be a professional person.

Many of my friends are working at Manager or Senior Manager position in reputed companies like Accenture, IBM etc.

Could they act as referee in this context.

My second question is re. my wife's situation. I was on Tier 2 G visa before getting ILR last Nov. She entered UK in march, 2013 and is on my dependent visa, which is due to expire on 17/01/2017 (she did not switch to ILR dependent as that would have reset her clock for ILR). What visa she should apply for in Jan, 2017 and when she can apply for ILR/BC in both scenarios where I get BC before 17/01/17 (unlikely) and if I don't get BC by 17/01/17 (likely)

Thanks in advance for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BC Refree Confusion

Post by CR001 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:42 am

swadhwani wrote:My second question is re. my wife's situation. I was on Tier 2 G visa before getting ILR last Nov. She entered UK in march, 2013 and is on my dependent visa, which is due to expire on 17/01/2017 (she did not switch to ILR dependent as that would have reset her clock for ILR). What visa she should apply for in Jan, 2017 and when she can apply for ILR/BC in both scenarios where I get BC before 17/01/17 (unlikely) and if I don't get BC by 17/01/17 (likely)

Thanks in advance for your help.
PBS Dependent visa extension. She can apply for ILR 28 days before reaching 5 years residence. Please ask these questions in the appropriate sub forum, it is not relevant to the BC forum.

Once she has ILR and you are BC at that point and she meets ALL the requirements, she can apply immediately for BC as spouse of BC based on 3 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks a ton for prompt response, much appreciated. Would be careful to put the question in right forum.

Re. my first question, could you if a Manager, Senior Manager in multinational company (Accenture) can act as professional referee? I also know a friend who is a teller in a bank here, can she act as professional referee?

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Hello,

please could someone confirm who, from the following can act as a professional referee:

- An engineer working as a Manager in a Management Consulting firm who has British Citizenship OR
- A personal banker (not a manager) working for Santander with British Citizenship

Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
Sail

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:21 pm

swadhwani wrote:Hello,

please could someone confirm who, from the following can act as a professional referee:

- An engineer working as a Manager in a Management Consulting firm who has British Citizenship OR
- A personal banker (not a manager) working for Santander with British Citizenship

Thanks.
Sail

No idea about the people you have mentioned above. But your GP, Accountant or a director of a ltd company (VAT registered) can sign as a proffessional refree.
FOr details: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:32 pm

Thabks but unfortunately I can't use GP or others as they don't know me for long enough.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:38 pm

swadhwani wrote:Thabks but unfortunately I can't use GP or others as they don't know me for long enough.
check the list... if not find if any of your friends are contractors and have limited company paying VAT

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:55 pm

pentaya wrote:
swadhwani wrote:Thabks but unfortunately I can't use GP or others as they don't know me for long enough.
check the list... if not find if any of your friends are contractors and have limited company paying VAT
Aha. I did not realise that independent contractor can work. I have number of friends doing IT consulting work. So should I ask them. Would appreciate view points of others.
Sail

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 pm

swadhwani wrote:
pentaya wrote:
Aha. I did not realise that independent contractor can work. I have number of friends doing IT consulting work. So should I ask them. Would appreciate view points of others.
Sail
Yep... But they must be BC, know you more than 3 years, Director for the ltd company and that company must be VAT registered.

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:12 am

Thanks.
Sail
Pls can someone provide a view on the above. Thanks.

swadhwani
India

Post by swadhwani » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Could a senior member comment on this pls.
swadhwani wrote:

Thanks.
Sail

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:00 pm

swadhwani wrote:Could a senior member comment on this pls.
swadhwani wrote:

Thanks.
Sail

I am senior in age (probably) but my application was successful.

Reading document https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ersons.pdf
I think both are suitable, i.e. Bank Official & Manager of a limited/VAT registered Company. My personal preference are Accountants but then I have a whole office floor of them available. I have seen no recent feedback regarding pushback on referees.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.