ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation with unpaid council tax bill 12 years ago???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thisissparta
Newly Registered

Naturalisation with unpaid council tax bill 12 years ago???

Post by thisissparta » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:27 pm

Hi I'm thinking of applying this year but just remembered when moving out of property 12 years ago the council told me I had to pay the tax for two months forward even tho I wasn't going to live there, which I refused to do... Instead I told them I was moving abroad and gave them an overseas postal address where they might find me... i moved back to the uk 2 year later, same city, never heard a thing from the council...

do you think HO might find out about this somehow???

noajthan

Re: Naturalisation with unpaid council tax bill 12 years ago

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:59 pm

thisissparta wrote:Hi I'm thinking of applying this year but just remembered when moving out of property 12 years ago the council told me I had to pay the tax for two months forward even tho I wasn't going to live there, which I refused to do... Instead I told them I was moving abroad and gave them an overseas postal address where they might find me... i moved back to the uk 2 year later, same city, never heard a thing from the council...

Well there's a section on the application form where you can mention such matters.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

thisissparta
Newly Registered

Post by thisissparta » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:01 pm

I spoke to the council and they told me there is a record of 70 unpaid tax bill having been written off 11 years ago... i offered to pay it but they dont want my money. I will mention this in the application, do you think this could affect the outcome????

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:14 pm

thisissparta wrote:I spoke to the council and they told me there is a record of 70 unpaid tax bill having been written off 11 years ago... i offered to pay it but they dont want my money. I will mention this in the application, do you think this could affect the outcome????

Have u called the council office ? Because I have just come from there now Nd there is zero record on my name but the woman told me just phone the recovery maybe they send ur outstanding balance to recovery ,!!!! But u was 11 years ago Nd still record to thier system but me only 3 years ago and it says zero in thier record Nd might be transferred to recovery company

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:28 pm

thisissparta wrote:I spoke to the council and they told me there is a record of 70 unpaid tax bill having been written off 11 years ago... i offered to pay it but they dont want my money. I will mention this in the application, do you think this could affect the outcome????
You have 3 options

1, Keep chasing your council
2, Check your credit report for any CCJ's (www.clearscore.com) Free check
3, Request for a Disclosure - Previously CRB: https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check

Provide all the above documentation along with your BC application.

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:54 pm

pentaya wrote:
You have 3 options

2, Check your credit report for any CCJ's (http://www.clearscore.com) Free check
3, Request for a Disclosure - Previously CRB: https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check

Checked www.clearscore.com
Nd says that

Court & Insolvencies
You have no court orders and insolvencies on your report

Is that mean I have no problem with cauncel tax or other depit

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Indianlonly wrote:
pentaya wrote:
You have 3 options

2, Check your credit report for any CCJ's (http://www.clearscore.com) Free check

Checked http://www.clearscore.com
Nd says that

Court & Insolvencies
You have no court orders and insolvencies on your report

Is that mean I have no problem with cauncel tax or other depit

Clear score is not the official document. But a CRB Disclosure check certificate is an official document. I would submit it

thisissparta
Newly Registered

Post by thisissparta » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:26 pm

noajthan wrote:
thisissparta wrote:Hi I'm thinking of applying this year but just remembered when moving out of property 12 years ago the council told me I had to pay the tax for two months forward even tho I wasn't going to live there, which I refused to do... Instead I told them I was moving abroad and gave them an overseas postal address where they might find me... i moved back to the uk 2 year later, same city, never heard a thing from the council...

Well there's a section on the application form where you can mention such matters.

do you mean section 22? if so, I knew that but what I was hoping for was your opinion on weather this £70 unpaid bill which now I know was written off will result as a strike against my application

guka
Newly Registered

Post by guka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi, I ve got similar issue. I am thinking of applying for british citizenship. I had liability order issued against me in 2006. I only found out about it in 2015. I paid it off. Yesterday I went to council and was told there is a risk of refusal and I should wait 3 years from the date I made a payment. Can you please advice?