ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opportunity in UK. Can company sponsor COS for me?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

saha1
Newly Registered

Opportunity in UK. Can company sponsor COS for me?

Post by saha1 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Hello,

I had been in UK for a year under ICT Tier 2 Visa and returned to my home country after the one year period. I have left in the mid of Feb 2016 and my cool off period is till mid Feb 2017.
Now, I have an opportunity in UK and the company is ok to provide me a sponsorship.

Is it possible for them to raise a COS for me before my cool off period, if the start date starts post my cool off period?
Also can I apply for my visa prior to my cool off period as I would be able to work post Feb 2017(as it will be mentioned in COS)?

Please let me know if there are any other options available for me to work on.

Thanks,
saha

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Opportunity in UK. Can company sponsor COS for me?

Post by poper » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Hi

Your application will be refused if you apply before completion of cool-off period.
I think assigning CoS might be OK. Experts can advise
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Yes assigning CoS is ok but you can only apply once the 12 months is past. CoS must be used within 3 months of being issued.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saha1
Newly Registered

Post by saha1 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:55 pm

Thanks poper and CR001 for the reply.

I missed to mention that earlier my stay was under Tier 2 ICT Short Term Visa. But now I would apply under Tier 2 General Visa.

Could you also let me know the restriction on the minimum salary for a Tier 2 General visa as of now would be and that if it would change from April 2017?

Please let me know which approach to ensure fast and smooth approval.

Thanks,
saha1

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 am

The overall minimum is £25,000 but the ACTUAL minimum will depend on your position and experience - have a look at the possible SOC codes and the rates for new entrants and experienced workers. Your minimum for Tier 2 might actually be considerably higher.

No one here will be able to assure you how that will change in April, I think.