ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement for Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Anusha008
Newly Registered

English Language requirement for Naturalisation

Post by Anusha008 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello everyone,

I am in a strange situation and really hope that someone would guide me here.

I have received ILR in Mar 2010 along with my husband who is HSMP holder under judicial review. There was no requirement to do Life in UK or english lanuguage test when I applied for ILR.

I have then passed Life in UK test on 27th Jul 2013 as I wanted to apply for naturalisation, but never get around to apply then. The life in UK certificate I have received clearly say the following:

"Your success in the test also demonstrates that your level of competence in English meets the required standard for naturalisation or Indefinite leave to remain, no further proof of this required. We shall notify home office of this result electronically, but please also submit this letter along with application and fees."

Now that I want to apply for naturalisation, I have contacted home office to find out if I need to submit evidence for English language requirement. To my surprise, I have been advised that I should definitely submit some form of evidence for English language requirement, even though my life in Uk test pass certificate doesn't require me to submit one. The gov.uk website seem to indicate I should submit this evidence too.
https://www.gov.uk/english-language/exemptions

Could you someone clarify what I should do?

Thanks a lot,

Anusha

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Language requirement for Naturalisation

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:38 pm

You need LIUK test pass letter AND English B1 SELT certificate from an HO approved test provider.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.