ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

peckhampelican

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by peckhampelican » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Quick question regarding Acknowledgement from the UKVI/HO.

Do people receive a letter or an e-mail? I notice some people receive a letter others an email. Is there a reason?

Is it possible that EEA receive an email and others a letter?

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:03 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Hi Everyone,

Quick question regarding Acknowledgement from the UKVI/HO.

Do people receive a letter or an e-mail? I notice some people receive a letter others an email. Is there a reason?

Is it possible that EEA receive an email and others a letter?

Thanks.
No one knows why some get letters and others get emails. There is no special reading into it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Melak

Post by Melak » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:26 pm

I received both email and letter. I don't think there's any particular meaning to it. Just pray for a quick approval

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm

Thank you to both respondents - really appreciate it.

On another note, does anyone have any indications as to how the naturalisation process will change in April 2017? I imagine they won't make it harder - because the key gate-keeper is the ILR process which has been tightened significantly.

Best

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:03 pm

peckhampelican wrote:Thank you to both respondents - really appreciate it.

On another note, does anyone have any indications as to how the naturalisation process will change in April 2017? I imagine they won't make it harder - because the key gate-keeper is the ILR process which has been tightened significantly.

Best
Why do you think there will be a change? Citizensh LAWS and immigration/EU rules are two separate things.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:41 pm

Does anyone know if there will be any changes to the AN application form before February 2017?
I have everything ready, AN form is completed and referees have signed. However I will only be able to submit my application form in January because I am waiting my SAR.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:48 pm

Impossible to predict.

Why didn't you wait to complete the form with the references until closer to the application date? :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Angie77

Post by Angie77 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 pm

I already had everything ready when I found out about ''the acquired permanent resident status'' . My local NCS refuses to check it for me so had to apply via post.
Do Home Office previously announce change when there is any?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 pm

You'll have to check that the form is still valid before submitting your application.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

sud315

Post by sud315 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:44 pm

When make the joint application for naturalisation and passport, when the passport fee has been charged does that mean the naturalisation application was successful? :D :o :o and passport will be ready soon? :!:

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:46 pm

If you look at the various timeline threads you will see that the passport fee is taken shortly after the application, generally. So this is not an indication that your BC application was approved. Just like you pay the BC fee upfront.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:35 pm

sud315 wrote:When make the joint application for naturalisation and passport, when the passport fee has been charged does that mean the naturalisation application was successful? :D :o :o and passport will be ready soon? :!:
No... Fee is charged for the case worker to look and work on your application. Fee will be charged seperately for Passport and Naturalisation. after 7- 10 days of the money cut-off date, You should recieve letter for Biometrics

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
peckhampelican wrote:Thank you to both respondents - really appreciate it.

Best
Why do you think there will be a change? Citizensh LAWS and immigration/EU rules are two separate things.
I think you misunderstood me. I was not referring to EU rules or immigration at all - though I can see how you correlated them because Article 50 is due for triggering before April 2017. I was more referring to the general updates that come on each April on immigration rules, which may, for example, affect how long one needs to be on ILR before applying for citizenship. There have been multiple speculations that this would be increased from one year to three but this is nothing confirmed. I was asking to see if other people have been made aware of such plans (if they are plans)

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:43 pm

peckhampelican wrote:I was more referring to the general updates that come on each April on immigration rules, which may, for example, affect how long one needs to be on ILR before applying for citizenship. There have been multiple speculations that this would be increased from one year to three but this is nothing confirmed. I was asking to see if other people have been made aware of such plans (if they are plans)
Highly unlikely.

Remember that immigration rules and naturalisation rules are entirely unrelated. The rules for naturalisation are laid out in an Act of Parliament and are much harder to change, while immigration rules are laid out in statutory instruments (laws made by ministers).

The government will be able to do pretty much nothing else in Parliament next year if the Great Repeal Bill is indeed tabled. Its enormity would consume all parliamentary time next session. So, apart from some possible changes to naturalisation rules for EEA citizens (possible, but not likely), I do not foresee any changes to the naturalisation rules in the foreseeable future.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:55 am

[/quote] Remember that immigration rules and naturalisation rules are entirely unrelated. The rules for naturalisation are laid out in an Act of Parliament and are much harder to change, while immigration rules are laid out in statutory instruments (laws made by ministers).

The government will be able to do pretty much nothing else in Parliament next year if the Great Repeal Bill is indeed tabled. Its enormity would consume all parliamentary time next session. So, apart from some possible changes to naturalisation rules for EEA citizens (possible, but not likely), I do not foresee any changes to the naturalisation rules in the foreseeable future.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. I was entirely unaware that there is segregation in decision-making between immigration rules including ILR versus naturalisation. Given the explanation that you provided, I agree with your premise and thanks for making me aware. I will follow up with another question on the thread you referenced in your post.

peckhampelican

Post by peckhampelican » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:22 am

secret.simon wrote:
peckhampelican wrote:I was more referring to the general updates that come on each April on immigration rules, which may, for example, affect how long one needs to be on ILR before applying for citizenship. There have been multiple speculations that this would be increased from one year to three but this is nothing confirmed. I was asking to see if other people have been made aware of such plans (if they are plans)
Highly unlikely.

Remember that immigration rules and naturalisation rules are entirely unrelated. The rules for naturalisation are laid out in an Act of Parliament and are much harder to change, while immigration rules are laid out in statutory instruments (laws made by ministers).

The government will be able to do pretty much nothing else in Parliament next year if the Great Repeal Bill is indeed tabled. Its enormity would consume all parliamentary time next session. So, apart from some possible changes to naturalisation rules for EEA citizens (possible, but not likely), I do not foresee any changes to the naturalisation rules in the foreseeable future.
Thanks for the clarification. I was entirely unaware that there is segregation in decision-making between immigration rules including ILR versus naturalisation. Given the explanation that you provided, I agree with your premise and thanks for making me aware. I will follow up with another question on the thread you referenced in your post.

AlexAlexAlex

Post by AlexAlexAlex » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi All,

I am wondering if anyone who applied for naturalisation in July 16 still awaiting approval, I have applied for Naturalisation in July but haven't heard anything Back from OH!!!

I know they say it might take up to 6 month but it seems the guys applied in August and September started getting their approval.

Do I need to be worried, i.e. delay = refusal or is it normal that some cases might take longer?

Thanks,

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Its normal. Some members waiting since early 2015.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

angelStha

Post by angelStha » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:28 pm

Hi there,

I am currently on ILR which was granted on 02 Feb 2016. I understand I can apply for Naturalization after 1 year I.e after 2nd Feb 2017. And to apply for Naturalization I need to be be on the country on that day 5 yrs ago. If I apply on the 4th Feb 2017, I have to be in the country on 4th Feb 2012. Right?

The problem is, in 2012 from 4th Feb to 11th March I was out of the country so I cannot apply then. And I am going on holiday on March 2017. Can I come back and apply on April 2017?

I understand that you cannot be out of UK for more than 90days in 1 year. After going on holiday on March 2017. The total number of days I will be out the country in one year will be about 85 days. I.e 74 days continuous out of the country and remaining here and there since last February. Will this be a problem?

Thank you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:53 pm

angelStha wrote:Hi there,

I am currently on ILR which was granted on 02 Feb 2016. I understand I can apply for Naturalization after 1 year I.e after 2nd Feb 2017. And to apply for Naturalization I need to be be on the country on that day 5 yrs ago. If I apply on the 4th Feb 2017, I have to be in the country on 4th Feb 2012. Right? It would be the the 5th per AN_Booklet

The problem is, in 2012 from 4th Feb to 11th March I was out of the country so I cannot apply then. And I am going on holiday on March 2017. Can I come back and apply on April 2017? No problem then or later, but there may be an increase in the fees in April.

I understand that you cannot be out of UK for more than 90days in 1 year. After going on holiday on March 2017. The total number of days I will be out the country in one year will be about 85 days. I.e 74 days continuous out of the country and remaining here and there since last February. Will this be a problem? No - as long as you stay within the limits

Thank you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:36 pm

Eligibility criteria: 1 year ILR + 5 year residence
Language criteria met: ILR after Oct and submitted UK Naric too.
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 14/11/2016
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgement:
Date money gone off account:
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports:
Date passports received:

I haven't received any receipt from UKBA or acknowledgement till now 23rd November. Should I be worried , is there somewhere I should / can follow up / trace? Do you get receipt and acknowledgement by email ?

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:00 pm

Eligibility criteria: 1 year ILR + 5 year residence
Language criteria met: ILR after Oct and submitted UK Naric too.
Nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS
Date of application: 14/11/2016
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA:
Date of acknowledgement:
Date money gone off account:
Date of letter requesting biometrics:
Biometrics done:
Date of approval:
Date of ceremony:
Date applied for passports:
Date passports received:

I haven't received any receipt from UKBA or acknowledgement till now 23rd November. Should I be worried , is there somewhere I should / can follow up / trace? Do you get receipt and acknowledgement by email ?
I also contacted Royal Mail and from the tracking it says ON DELIVERY. When I called Royal Mail they said it must have been delivered and I will have to ask the recipient. Now I dont know how to ask UKBA.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:18 pm

ChaitanyaS123 wrote: I haven't received any receipt from UKBA or acknowledgement till now 23rd November. Should I be worried , is there somewhere I should / can follow up / trace? Do you get receipt and acknowledgement by email ?
I also contacted Royal Mail and from the tracking it says ON DELIVERY. When I called Royal Mail they said it must have been delivered and I will have to ask the recipient. Now I dont know how to ask UKBA.
Have you done the online tracking check yourself, that normally will show you the signature of receiver. I know it's easy to say keep waiting - when I submitted my application I was told that I should hear within four weeks. In the end it was just two weeks until biometrics. However, as you can read from the postings there is no clear pattern of when things happen, from start to finish.

BTW, there were only 6 full working days passed since your submission!

ChaitanyaS123
Newly Registered

Post by ChaitanyaS123 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:26 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
ChaitanyaS123 wrote: I haven't received any receipt from UKBA or acknowledgement till now 23rd November. Should I be worried , is there somewhere I should / can follow up / trace? Do you get receipt and acknowledgement by email ?
Have you done the online tracking check yourself, that normally will show you the signature of receiver. I know it's easy to say keep waiting - when I submitted my application I was told that I should hear within four weeks. In the end it was just two weeks until biometrics. However, as you can read from the postings there is no clear pattern of when things happen, from start to finish.

BTW, there were only 6 full working days passed since your submission!
Yes thats true. Although in timelines I have observed people have received acknowledgement in a day or two and further receipt in few more days so bit curious. Also royal mail tracking doesn't show me as delivered so I am not able to understand where it is stuck and if it has been misplaced or lost in post. (I really hope not).

One question, do you get acknowledgement and receipt by email ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:38 pm

I didn't get an email - acknowledgment was contained in the biometrics letter "thank you for your application".