ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - Parking Fine and Driving on a Bus Lane

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hero2k
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension - Parking Fine and Driving on a Bus Lane

Post by hero2k » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching ages and couldn't find a defined answer.

Basically I have received two Penalty Charge Notices within 12 months and I am now about to extend my Tier 2 visa.

First one was a parking fine and the second one was driving on a bus lane.

I have paid them as soon as I received the tickets.

Now could anyone please tell me that if I need to declare this on my extension form? I was told that they should be disclosed under the Fixed Penalty Notices option. But I think FPN and PCN are two different types of tickets?

Many thanks in advance,
Will

asp

Re: Tier 2 Extension - Parking Fine and Driving on a Bus Lan

Post by asp » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:17 am

Declare eveything rather than trying to play the stystem. They are unlikely to be a problem and you really don't have a choice.

UKVI will know about them, so if you don't declare them you may be refused, not forthe penalty but for lying on your application. That gets you into a whole different world of pain with long term consequences and a possible long term ban on returning to the UK after removal.

And stop committing traffic offences :D

stay order
- thin ice -

Post by stay order » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:24 pm

fixed penalty notices are the one when you get points on your license plus these fine.

I dont think you have to disclose them. Parking and bus lane driving are not traffic offences.

hero2k
Newly Registered

Post by hero2k » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:25 am

Hi everyone, thanks very much for your reply. I have submitted the application with these two tickets disclosed. I don't think it will change the decision no matter what as they were too minor. Will update the result once I receive it. Cheers.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:58 pm

hero2k wrote:Hi everyone, thanks very much for your reply. I have submitted the application with these two tickets disclosed. I don't think it will change the decision no matter what as they were too minor. Will update the result once I receive it. Cheers.

Hello Hero2k,

Please under what category did you declare the 2 tickets and what is the outcome of your application?

Did you do standard application or priority/ premium?
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.