ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Second Leave to Remain

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shady87
Nigeria

FLR (M) - Second Leave to Remain

Post by shady87 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:24 am

Hi Guys,

I'm applying for the second part of my leave to remain as a partner of a British citizen and want a bit of help.

We have a child that was born during my first leave to remain and has a British passport as he was born here so he's not applying with me.

1 - Section 4: Dependent children. Do I still need to fill this section?
2 - If No,
7.2 What is the financial requirement you are required to meet?
What will my answer be for the above? Applying with no child dependant or Applying with one child dependant?

3 - I'm a Director of my own Limited. Does this class me as Self Employed?
7.3 From the list below, please indicate the financial source(s) and the amount of income you
and/or your sponsor wish to rely on to meet the financial requirement.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR (M) - Second Leave to Remain

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:45 am

1. The form does state you have to name dependent children, even if British and not applying for a visa.

2. £18,600pa

3. Do you get paid through PAYE? What is your BC partners earnings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shady87
Nigeria

Post by shady87 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:51 am

CR001 wrote:1. The form does state you have to name dependent children, even if British and not applying for a visa.
Thanks. Yeah just read it again

2. £18,600pa
If I have a dependent child even though British Citizen shouldn't I be expected to support it and satisfy £22,400 or this is only based on if a child is applying with me?

I get paid £8,060 through my Limited as Salary and I've taken £60K+ as dividend, my partner is also paid £8,060 as Secretary

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:58 am

2. £18,600pa
If I have a dependent child even though British Citizen shouldn't I be expected to support it and satisfy £22,400 or this is only based on if a child is applying with me?
No, British children are excluding from the calculation of the financial requirement. The form/guidance notes does state this. You only need £18,600pa as only YOU are applying for a visa.
I get paid £8,060 through my Limited as Salary and I've taken £60K+ as dividend, my partner is also paid £8,060 as Secretary[/color

List that you are a Director.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.