ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company offering job is not a sponsor

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manibest
Newly Registered

Company offering job is not a sponsor

Post by manibest » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:05 am

HI

My 5 years on Tier 2 general will complete in 11 Feb 2017. But my current employer/sponsor is not paying me £35K. Therefore I am looking for a new role.

A company is offering me a job and paying £35K as well. But they do not hold a sponsorship license. They are now asking me two questions:

1) Is it possible to for me to get my ILR provided the company will submit to HomeOffice a formal unconditional offer letter with start date of 11 Feb 2017 with salary of £35K as confirmation that they will definitely hire me from this date after my ILR?

2) What is the procedure for company to get the sponsorship license if option 1 above is not possible?
Cost it will incur?
Time it will take to get the Tier 2 general sponsorship license?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Company offering job is not a sponsor

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:14 am

1. No, not possible. You have to submit payslip(s) showing you meet the £35,500pa salary. How much are you short currently?

2. https://www.gov.uk/uk-visa-sponsorship- ... s/overview Once they have a licence (if approved), they then need to do the full and proper RLMT process before they can offer you the job and issue a CoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:52 am

The concept is that your current employer needs to want to keep you - and you need to earn 35k. Applying with a new employer lined up doesn't work.

This would only be possible if you change sponsors before applying for ILR. If they're able to get a licence AND pass the RLMT and you get a new visa approved, it could be done before the end of 6 years. To be on the safe side, you should probably wait until you have been on the new salary for a few months.

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your kind answers. I am currently on 26500 with nine years of professional experience. And I could easily get a min of £40K from any employer if I didnt have this sponsorship issue.

I have been working with my current employer for over 6 years and I have already discussed the salary problem with my manager and they are unable to get it to £35K and will eventually loose me.

I have been trying to get a new job for nearly 2 years to get £35K but unfortunately couldnt get any sponsors.

My current visa is until Feb 2018 and there is no further extension as it will be end of 6 years on my Tier 2 general visa. what other options are out there for me please?

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:17 pm

No other option on your current visa unfortunately.

What is your full immigration history in the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

manibest
Newly Registered

Post by manibest » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:26 pm

I came to UK in Sep 2008 to do my masters. then I got PSW for two years until Feb 2012. in the mean time i started working for my current employer in Sep 2010. when my PSW was about to expire, my employer sponsored me and I changed to Tier 2 General in Feb 2012 for 3 years till Feb 2015. then I extended it for another 3 years until Feb 2018.

As soon as I heard of this £35K role, I discussed it with my manager and also started looking for new roles. unfortunate till date. My whole career will come to end if I have to leave UK. I will have to start my life from SCRATCH.....

Can I do contracting?? Like if I find an umbrella company who hires me, sponsor me, pay my salary and then send me on fixed term contracts to their clients. Is it possible???

I am severely being affected by this £35K rule and I do not have much time left as well. Please suggest me a way forward.

Kind regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:37 pm

You are not permitted to work as a contractor while on a Tier 2 visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

eduleal

Post by eduleal » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:44 pm

From the story you've told - I believe the best chance would be for the employer that would hire you for >35k to get a sponsorship licence, do a full RLMT and, if passed, offer you a position.

You'd need to apply for another Tier 2 through them, which would only be valid until 02/2018, but once in that job and passed the 5 year mark, you could apply for ILR.

Never easy with these things, but not impossible.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:59 pm

manibest wrote:I came to UK in Sep 2008 to do my masters. then I got PSW for two years until Feb 2012. in the mean time i started working for my current employer in Sep 2010. when my PSW was about to expire, my employer sponsored me and I changed to Tier 2 General in Feb 2012 for 3 years till Feb 2015. then I extended it for another 3 years until Feb 2018.

As soon as I heard of this £35K role, I discussed it with my manager and also started looking for new roles. unfortunate till date. My whole career will come to end if I have to leave UK. I will have to start my life from SCRATCH.....

I am severely being affected by this £35K rule and I do not have much time left as well. Please suggest me a way forward.

Kind regards
Unfortunately Tier 2 does not exist simply to deliver you a dream job or a job for life; there are the needs of UK economy to factor in too. But you have evidently accumulated a wealth of valuable experience that will no doubt enhance prospects and opportunities in the future.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.