ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any recent HSMP approvals?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:01 am

Guys,

Have their been any recent HSMP or FLR - IED approvals (excluding urgent treatment cases)?

Are the HO timelines/operational service levels correct?
Where there is a will there is a way.

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 am

hi chess

i have been talking to my agent who filed my application. she confirmed that HO is looking at cases filed pre-Xmas and therabouts and taking decisions on that.

moreover a friend of mine who submitted his application on december 20/21, 2004 got the decision yesterday. that is 4 weeks response time!!! It is really unfair that people who have submitted applications 6-7 months back are still waiting. Only god and HO can say what's happening!

bs
Newly Registered

result for december application?

Post by bs » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:29 pm

Are you saying that someone filed HSMP application in December 04 and got the decision? I dont think so. Can you please provide more details? HO was practically closed from 20 Dec onwards. That is the main reason for the current delay in processing.

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 pm

I heard from my caseworker during the first week of this year. I will wait until next week, and then ask for the status of my application. The moment I have an update, I will definitely announce to the board.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:46 pm

yes that's correct, people who submitted applications around xmas, HO has started looking at those after they reopened after xmas

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:25 am

vp73 might not be talking about the HSMP application, that may be FLR or somethign else which is senctuioned within a month

Random
Newly Registered

Post by Random » Sun Feb 06, 2005 3:56 pm

I got my HSMP approval in three months (not an urgent case).

I am also pleasantly surprised.

paresh1

Post by paresh1 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:36 pm

Random, I am very happy for your success and many congratulations for the same. Why don't you please share your details like -application date, ref. no. & whether it was in-country or outside application, hoe many qualifying points you had scored etc.,

technician

Post by technician » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Please share your details on the forum

TECH
Team work- Nurturing Talents

rella

Post by rella » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:35 pm

Ok... so from the "Home Office" section of an American expats forum and watching the other HSMP forum and this one, it appears that the HO is processing applications received now, but ignoring applications at the beginning of the queue -- those back in June.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on? Has anyone who applied in June heard anything recently?

Alagomeji

Post by Alagomeji » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:27 pm

I am a june1 applicant, and have since received my approval.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, BUT UNBOWED

INVICTUS ; William Ernest Henley. 1849–1903

kumar78

Post by kumar78 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:29 pm

TECH,

Any update about your case from HO?

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:02 pm

rella wrote:Ok... so from the "Home Office" section of an American expats forum and watching the other HSMP forum and this one, it appears that the HO is processing applications received now, but ignoring applications at the beginning of the queue -- those back in June.

Does anyone have any idea of what's going on? Has anyone who applied in June heard anything recently?
Which other HSMP forums? If they are informative, can u give us the link.

Thanks.

Sher

Yes.

Post by Sher » Mon Feb 07, 2005 7:47 pm

I am among the '5 week' quickies.
I received the approval and the originals today. :shock:
They seem to be in order. Haven't checked completely yet. 8)
Some of the documents like sealed college transcripts are in fact unopened ! :o

When I first saw the envelope, I thought it was a call for more/original documents (as I had sent most of the important ones as notarized p'copies). :roll:

This early approval has thrown all my solid 'Aug-Sept' plans into a complete disarray. Add to it the provisions of the new immigration policy which includes a very disturbing amendment - "End to automatic right for immigrants' families to settle" :cry:

A big thank-you hug to MWazir saab, F2K, Try-One, Dip, Mini, Bani, Ajay, Rog, NDA and all those who patiently answered my hungry questions.

Will keep comin' .... :P
Last edited by Sher on Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:06 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

Sher,
Where did you apply from?

rella

Post by rella » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:25 pm

desiguy wrote:
Which other HSMP forums? If they are informative, can u give us the link.

Thanks.
There is only one other HSMP forum that I know. It's not nearly as good as this one, because volume is lower and they don't have the really knowledgeable moderators that we do. I'm not registered, just check it every so often.

http://www.hsmp-services.co.uk/hsmp-forums.php

There's an American Expats forum, that Chess sometimes refers people too. There don't seem to be that many Americans that I know with HSMPs, though since the election, more seem to be applying for HSMP. There's really not much useful on the Home Office forum for HSMP holders. It's a subscription board, though I believe the Home OFfice part is open to everyone. It has some useful immigration info that pertains to everyone, but I'd guess that many non-Americans might be irritated by the Americans (I can say that, since I'm one myself...).

The vast majority of the people on that board come into the country through marriage to a Brit. But, you might find some useful tidbits.

http://www.americanexpats.co.uk/cgi-bin ... d=Marriage

That's all I know of.

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:32 pm

Thanks for the info; will check em out.

fyi, i applied for HSMP from US.

rella

Post by rella » Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:46 pm

desiguy wrote:Thanks for the info; will check em out.

fyi, i applied for HSMP from US.
It's right there on your profile -- DOH! Seems to be a huge number of Americans applying, when before it seems to have been far fewer.

I won't presume to know why other Americans are leaving. But, many are heartsick over their homeland and are leaving good lives out of conscience. The International Herald Tribune has an article about it today. Anyway, a large increase of Americans are trying to get into Canada and several other countries, including Britain.

kp_aus
Newly Registered

Post by kp_aus » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:45 pm

rella wrote:Ok... so from the "Home Office" section of an American expats forum and watching the other HSMP forum and this one, it appears that the HO is processing applications received now, but ignoring applications at the beginning of the queue -- those back in June.

Another December approval!!

A friend of mine applied on 22 December and she received her approval on 4 February without submitting an urgent treatment form. She does not even want to enter the UK for a few months and thought she would apply in December as the waiting times were 6 months. This is another example of the Home Office processing recent applications and ignoring the June/July applications.

What is going on?!

desiguy

Post by desiguy » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:59 pm

As most of u know, i used a solicitor to prepare & submit my application. She had advised me to submit prior to Dec 1st because some new FORM was introduced. So, I had rushed my application in with the old form.

Now, i am thinking that the HO is processing all the applications that were received by filing the new FORM.

Anyways, I emailed the solicitor and hope to find some info soon.

rella, right my profile says my location...lol

the increase in americans filing for UK and Canada is because the American H1B to Green Card system is in a mess. People have been waiting for years and are still clue about what the future beholds. So, Canada became the alternative but now that is taking too long, so UK is becoming an alternative. Once UK starts getting backed up, Germany/Australia/New Zealand.....who knows. :roll:

MWazir
Diamond Member

Post by MWazir » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:37 pm

Many congratulations Sher and a hearty welcome to the UK.