ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick query for tier 2 dependent visa application from India

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

setu_desai02
Newly Registered

Quick query for tier 2 dependent visa application from India

Post by setu_desai02 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:19 pm

Hi All

I am currently in the UK on tier 2 general visa. My tier 2 was issued in Dec 2014 and is valid till Dec 2019. I am getting married this December and would like to bring my wife to UK as my dependent. We are looking to process visa while I am there immediately after marriage (As soon as the marriage certificate gets issued. All other docs are ready). I have read many posts on this forum and has received many useful advice. Now that the UK visa application system is completely online I am thinking of applying my self rather then hiring agent. I am following posts from http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... 60571.html.

I however have a little confusion in regards to the address field on application form. We have decided that my would be wife will NOT be getting her name changed in the passport after marriage (we looked up the laws and this is not a legal requirement either in India or UK) and since we want to apply ASAP after the marriage day we are also not sending the passport for change of address from her native home to my home address in India. In the visa application form personal details section which address should we use in her details? Should it be the same as in her passport (her parents house)? Or should it be my home address in India (but we don't have her address proof there)?

I would be grateful if someone can advice me on it :D . This is the only information I am having issues in the visa application form.

Regards
Setu

sravanmv
Newly Registered

Re: Quick query for tier 2 dependent visa application from I

Post by sravanmv » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 pm

When you are applying online there would be two sections. One permanent address as per passport and other section correspondence address. After processing of the visa, passport shall be sent to the correspondence address. You don't have to give any address proofs for correspondence address.

setu_desai02
Newly Registered

Re: Quick query for tier 2 dependent visa application from I

Post by setu_desai02 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:42 am

sravanmv wrote:When you are applying online there would be two sections. One permanent address as per passport and other section correspondence address. After processing of the visa, passport shall be sent to the correspondence address. You don't have to give any address proofs for correspondence address.
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of doing the same.