ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of Sponsorship allocation Problem

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sivaprasad
Newly Registered

Certificate of Sponsorship allocation Problem

Post by Sivaprasad » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:04 am

Hi,

My employer would like to extend my current Tier-2(General) visa up to 3-years.

My sponsor(A-rated) doesn't have any allocated COS because he hasn't requested for it. Now he requested for a single COS on "14/11/2016".

He is under the impression that it will take 5 days to get COS according to new rules which has been implemented from "7/11/2016".

We have called UK Border Agency on "18/11/2016" to check the status and got shocked by their reply, they said "It will take 18-weeks to allocate a new COS :cry: " . They also suggested "However, there will be a maximum of 20 priority requests accepted daily (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm)" .

My current VISA will expire by the end of December 2016.

"My sponsor is in panic mode".

I will much appreciate if anyone can advise on my situation.

Regards
Siva

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Certificate of Sponsorship allocation Problem

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:33 am

Sivaprasad wrote:Hi,

My employer would like to extend my current Tier-2(General) visa up to 3-years.

My sponsor(A-rated) doesn't have any allocated COS because he hasn't requested for it. Now he requested for a single COS on "14/11/2016".

He is under the impression that it will take 5 days to get COS according to new rules which has been implemented from "7/11/2016".

We have called UK Border Agency on "18/11/2016" to check the status and got shocked by their reply, they said "It will take 18-weeks to allocate a new COS :cry: " . They also suggested "However, there will be a maximum of 20 priority requests accepted daily (Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm)" .

My current VISA will expire by the end of December 2016.

"My sponsor is in panic mode".

I will much appreciate if anyone can advise on my situation.

Regards
Siva
Recent application for allocation of CoS has been taking an average of 4 weeks. Like you said, a new system is now in place where you can fast track the processing but you will need to pay for it. So if you want to get the cos as soon as possible, you can ask for the fast track service. Another option will be to email UKVI business help desk with your current BRP scanned and explaining that your visa will expire soon so you need the cos urgently. When I said you, I meant your HR or sponsor.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.