ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Have HSMP and EC, but never officially "entered"

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

giblet
United States of America

Have HSMP and EC, but never officially "entered"

Post by giblet » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:04 pm

I have a HSMP and EC that is valid until the summer of 2009. I ended up not moving to the UK. However, I've "entered" the UK many times in the meantime--just not to reside there. Does that mean I've officially "entered" the UK? Does it matter?

Am still hoping to keep the option open of moving to the UK, but my understanding is that if I don't move a year earlier than the expiration (so this summer), I won't ever be able to get it renewed because I won't have earned enough within the UK. Or am I allowed to show income from all countries I lived in during the previous year?

It's been a while since I got the HSMP and have forgotten everything. Wah.

Do I still have the option of moving to the UK? If so, for how long?

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:35 am

If you have used the HSMP visa to enter the UK, no matter if this was only for short periods of time, you have officially entered. You are right, if you are planning to move to the UK, you should do so well before the final 12 months of your visa. Remember it may take a while to actually get a job once you are here. As to whether earnings outside the Uk can be used for extension purposes, have a read through the HSMP FLR guidance notes.
'In everything give thanks'

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:38 am

Not sure what you mean by "used the HSMP to enter." I entered the UK while I had the HSMP page in my passport. Only once was I ever asked about it, but I told them I wasn't living there. If I had officially "entered," would I have gotten a special stamp?

karupalli

what visa

Post by karupalli » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:51 pm

When entering into UK what visa you have showed to immigration officers in UK?

giblet
United States of America

Re: what visa

Post by giblet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:30 pm

karupalli wrote:When entering into UK what visa you have showed to immigration officers in UK?
I'm a US citizen so I don't need a "real" visa to enter the country. I just show my passport.

EdgeHillMole

Post by EdgeHillMole » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 pm

Did the immigration officer at the airport stamp your first entry date on the passport page that reads, "UK Entry Clearance- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme"?
PROUD to be part of the 2008 European Capital of Culture

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:39 pm

EdgeHillMole wrote:Did the immigration officer at the airport stamp your first entry date on the passport page that reads, "UK Entry Clearance- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme"?
Nope. There are no stamps on that page.

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:35 am

giblet wrote: If I had officially "entered," would I have gotten a special stamp?
There is no special stamp for HSMPers, they just stamp the date of entry, they do seem to normally stamp this on the entry clearance sticker on your first entry, but I do not know if it is mandatory. May I ask why the issue of when you officially entered important to you?
'In everything give thanks'

giblet
United States of America

Post by giblet » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:53 am

OFCHARITY wrote:There is no special stamp for HSMPers, they just stamp the date of entry, they do seem to normally stamp this on the entry clearance sticker on your first entry, but I do not know if it is mandatory. May I ask why the issue of when you officially entered important to you?
Oh, it's not important to me. But I thought there was some rule about having to enter within 6 months of obtaining the HSMP? Maybe I'm making it up. I'm all jumbled up between the rules of a few countries right now!