ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of Residency

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

colinjg

Proof of Residency

Post by colinjg » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:18 pm

I intend to apply for British citizenship after having lived in the UK for over 6 years with more than 1 year with ILR. I understand that you need to prove that you have lived in the UK for 5 years which is shown by your passport's stamps.

However, I have been a registered traveller for the last 18 months so do not have any entry stamps for that period. Will this be okay or do I need to provide further information, and if so, what and how much?

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Proof of Residency

Post by ohara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:28 pm

Do you meet the residency requirements? You can't have spent more than 450 days outside the UK in the last 5 years or 90 days in the last 12 months.

You can prove your residency with P60's to show you were working here for example.

colinjg

Post by colinjg » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:07 pm

ohara wrote:Do you meet the residency requirements? You can't have spent more than 450 days outside the UK in the last 5 years or 90 days in the last 12 months.

You can prove your residency with P60's to show you were working here for example.
Yes, well within the 450/90 day rules. Was wondering what documents other than passport would suffice. I have P60s for each year. Would this be sufficient?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:24 pm

P60s will work and perhaps a selection of bank statements if you have them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by ohara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:36 am

I used P60's only. My EU passport doesn't prove I was residing here, as there are no stamps in it despite many trips abroad!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:26 am

ohara wrote:I used P60's only. My EU passport doesn't prove I was residing here, as there are no stamps in it despite many trips abroad!
OP is clearly non-EU and if a passport is lost for a period, proof of residence is required for the relevant period.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

colinjg

Post by colinjg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:41 pm

Any update on this?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:48 pm

colinjg wrote:Any update on this?
What is there to say?
You have received comprehensive ansd clear advice.
Have you acted on it?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

colinjg

Post by colinjg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:51 pm

Yet to apply. One poster says bank statements ok. But then the council's document checking service says not statements. Just wanting to hear from someone who has actually been in the SAME position.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:57 pm

colinjg wrote:Yet to apply. One poster says bank statements ok. But then the council's document checking service says not statements. Just wanting to hear from someone who has actually been in the SAME position.
NCS are just agents.

HO play hard ball and don't give benefit of doubt.
You need a whole bunch of complementary docs.

Why give HO any wriggle room and satisfaction of refusing you?

You just need to gather and organise all the necessary evidence as its your obligation to prove your case.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

colinjg

Post by colinjg » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:00 pm

Thanks. We provided all that stuff for the ILR application. Hopefully P60s and a selection of bank statements as suggested by CR001 will suffice. Other than that, it should be a straight forward application.