ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Criminal record and British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Masterpiecejones
Newly Registered

Criminal record and British citizenship

Post by Masterpiecejones » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Hello guys,

I have a 1.drink and driving 2.driving a car without insurance and a valid licence all from February 2013. Got 6 points and a non-custodial sentence with 100 hours community service and 400 pounds fine.
It's been over 3 years now can I qualify to apply for BC or I'm not eligible it will be denied under the tough good of character rule?

Thank you in advance for your replies

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Criminal record and British citizenship

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:53 pm

From my reading of the discussions here and the HO documentation these will have to be disclosed. It doesn't necessarily mean your application will be refused but not disclosing would definitely go against you.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:55 pm

Check booklet AN, I believe non-custodial offences have a 3-year 'exclusion period' for naturalisation so if more than 3 years have passed you should be good to go. As above, it is essential that you declare them though.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2016.pdf --> p.17
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:41 pm

Masterpiecejones wrote:Hello guys,

I have a 1.drink and driving 2.driving a car without insurance and a valid licence all from February 2013. Got 6 points and a non-custodial sentence with 100 hours community service and 400 pounds fine.
It's been over 3 years now can I qualify to apply for BC or I'm not eligible it will be denied under the tough good of character rule?

Thank you in advance for your replies
You should be alright. However, Drink driving is a serious offence. As it has been already 3 years I assume you are in safer zone ! But it also depends on the case worker. Please do kindly declare everything and write a covering letter to support it.

Good Luck