ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residency requirement... Need help please!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fna81
Newly Registered

Residency requirement... Need help please!

Post by fna81 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:31 pm

Hi,

My husband's British nationality application has just been approved and he has received his passport as well. I am living in the uk since last 4 years. I got my ILR in December 2014. So o want to ask whether I can apply for the British citizenship or not ? Me and my husband were granted ILR on points based system (5 year route).
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks.

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Residency requirement... Need help please!

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:48 pm

Assuming you meet all the standard requirements, you can apply for British citizenship now.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

fna81
Newly Registered

Post by fna81 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:57 pm

Yes I am meeting all the requirements but I am a bit confused about the three year residency requirement. Should I live as wife of a British citizen for three years and then apply for the nationality through three year . My husband got his British citizenship last week. So should I apply straight away as I am living in the uk since last 4 years and hold an ILR since December 2014.
Thank you very much for the answer!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:06 pm

As the spouse of a British citizen you are entitled to apply now. There's no requirement for you to have been married for 3 years to a BC prior to applying.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:06 pm

If you have lived in the UK for at least 3 years and have a spouse who is currently a BC you can apply now.
It doesn't matter how long your spouse has been a British Citizen.
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

fna81
Newly Registered

Post by fna81 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Thank you very much for the advice. Really appreciate your efforts for helping people..
Thank you again! Xxxx

fna81
Newly Registered

Post by fna81 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Also I gave a B1 English test at the time of applying ILR which will be expired in few days time. So should I appear in a B1 test again or just put the SELT number of the previous test ? Thanks again everyone...