ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa Renewal and Citizenship -

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

win6
Newly Registered

Spouse visa Renewal and Citizenship -

Post by win6 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:39 am

Hi All,
It might be a bit late but i just wanted to get a view on how to go about things.

My Citizenship ceremony is in two days time ,after which i have to return the BRP.

My wife is currently out of the country and has a expired Tier1 dependent visa ,she plans to renew it at a future date since certain things went beyond our control ,we werent able to renew it in time .

Question :
1)Will she be able to renew her Tier 1 dependent visa when she next renews it outside of the country ?
2)If yes ,will her time spent with Tier 1 dependent visa get reset ? What form will she have to use ,given that at the time of her applying again - i will be a British citizen.
3) If not -what is the application form ,she should be reapplying to join me as a spouse when she re-enters her country.

Would appreciate your valuable feedback.

Regards
Win6

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse visa Renewal and Citizenship -

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:00 am

win6 wrote:Hi All,
It might be a bit late but i just wanted to get a view on how to go about things.

My Citizenship ceremony is in two days time ,after which i have to return the BRP.

My wife is currently out of the country and has a expired Tier1 dependent visa ,she plans to renew it at a future date since certain things went beyond our control ,we werent able to renew it in time .

Question :
1)Will she be able to renew her Tier 1 dependent visa when she next renews it outside of the country ? No as she will no longer be a Tier 1 Dependent.
2)If yes ,will her time spent with Tier 1 dependent visa get reset ? What form will she have to use ,given that at the time of her applying again - i will be a British citizen. VAF4a - Spouse settlement. Her time will be re-set to zero.
3) If not -what is the application form ,she should be reapplying to join me as a spouse when she re-enters her country. Re-enters 'her' country. Explain what you mean by her country :?:

Would appreciate your valuable feedback.

Regards
Win6
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

win6
Newly Registered

Post by win6 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:35 am

Thanks Casa ,i just meant when she reenters UK(apologies for the confusion)

VAF4a - Spouse settlement-couldnt find much information on the cost for the same.

saw the actual application form which talks about financial limits etc which is inline with Tier1 dependents

Any idea on the approx cost ,duration of the visa granted by default ,would she be able to work with this visa ? and finally the route to ILR and citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:50 am

win6 wrote:Thanks Casa ,i just meant when she reenters UK(apologies for the confusion)

VAF4a - Spouse settlement-couldnt find much information on the cost for the same. See Apply to Join Family in the UK (Click)

saw the actual application form which talks about financial limits etc which is inline with Tier1 dependents YOU have to meet the financial requirement of £18,600pa (assuming no children). She has to meet English A1 level.

Any idea on the approx cost ,duration of the visa granted by default ,would she be able to work with this visa ? and finally the route to ILR and citizenship £1,195 visa cost PLUS £600 immigration health surcharge. 2 x 2.5 year visas to make up 5 years before eligible for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:34 pm

A1 level English will also be required, from an approved test provider. Scroll down for test centre in your wife's country of residence.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... entres.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

win6
Newly Registered

Post by win6 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks CROO1 and Casa for the quick responses.

Just like in the case of Tier1 extension ,would a NARIC letter suffice for the English A1 test ?

Assuming you can apply for this visa from India ,given that its a spousal visa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:36 pm

She would need the NARIC ELA, there is a specific UKVI one now I believe.

VAF4A is for applications outside the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

win6
Newly Registered

Post by win6 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Thanks again CROO1.