ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Valid proof of Comprehensive sickness insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zlash92
Newly Registered

Valid proof of Comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by zlash92 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:49 am

Hi all,

I am about to complete my UK residency application form as an EEA national after spending the past six years in the UK (2010 - 2016). However, I am concerned that UKBA might not accept my proof of comprehensive sickness insurance cover.

For the moment, these are the documents that I have:
- Insurance provider 1: French EHIC card that expired on 2013
- Insurance provider 2: Original + Translated document of French private insurance that covers 2013 - 2015
- Insurance provider 3: Original UK private health insurance for 2015 - current

My worry is that the EHIC card does not say from when I was covered before 2013. I have contacted the insurance provider but they have yet sent me any proofs after numerous calls, emails and letters...

The guidance notes state that providing a Valid EHIC issued by an EEA Member State (not the UK) should be sufficient. So would my old EHIC card suffice to cover the 2010 - 2013 period? I am worried as I have no proof of when my insurance 1 started (I have had this private health insurance since my birth).

Thank you

ohara
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Valid proof of Comprehensive sickness insurance

Post by ohara » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:39 am

You are not dealing with UKBA any more, it is UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) now.

EHIC cards last for 5 years so I don't see why you will have a problem.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:00 am

Do check how long French EHICs are issued for; it does seem to vary, country by country.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

LilyLalilu

Post by LilyLalilu » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:32 am

Unless things have changed massively over the past few years, the CEAM (French EHIC) is normally issued for 2 years only. This link (sorry, in French) seems to confirm it: http://www.cleiss.fr/particuliers/ceam_durees.html
But under the French health insurance system, not having a card doesn't mean one isn't covered...best to nag your insurance for a letter confirming your cover again :)
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

zlash92
Newly Registered

Post by zlash92 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:47 pm

Thanks for your feedback!

Since then, I have managed to chase them and got back a letter than testifies of my insurance period. Hopefully, UK Visas and Immigration will accept it once translated back to English!