ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kensington & Chelsea Ceremony - Passport arrival

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pentaya
India

Kensington & Chelsea Ceremony - Passport arrival

Post by pentaya » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:45 pm

Hello

Anyone been through Kensington & Chelsea ceremony ? If so, Please share the experience and let me know how quick you have recieved the passport ?

gtht

Re: Kensington & Chelsea Ceremony - Passport arrival

Post by gtht » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:10 pm

I live in the same council and would be interested to hear what options they give you. I have a couple of months at least of waiting myself, though.
DCPR Applied: 12/5/2016
DCPR Received: 7/9/2016
BC Applied: 3/11/2016
BC Approved: 23/3/2017
Ceremony: 25/4/2017

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 pm

gtht wrote:I live in the same council and would be interested to hear what options they give you. I have a couple of months at least of waiting myself, though.
They didnt gave me any options... I have submitted all the documents on 15th Aug and recieved approval on 08th November (Dated 25th October). Ceremony on 29th November.

Do you require anything else ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:05 pm

gtht wrote:I live in the same council and would be interested to hear what options they give you. I have a couple of months at least of waiting myself, though.
You could arrange a private ceremony with your council which will of course be chargeable .... £150 for adults in Buckinghamshire. And you don't get a credit for the £80 that is included in your AN fee for the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:15 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
You could arrange a private ceremony with your council which will of course be chargeable .... £150 for adults in Buckinghamshire. And you don't get a credit for the £80 that is included in your AN fee for the ceremony.
wow... I never knew that £80 is added by default to our AN application form. This sounds like a service charge added to the restaurant bill :evil:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:11 pm

pentaya wrote:wow... I never knew that £80 is added by default to our AN application form. This sounds like a service charge added to the restaurant bill :evil:
The £80 included in the BC fee is to cover the Councils costs of arranging the ceremonies, venue, staff, mayor etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
pentaya wrote:wow... I never knew that £80 is added by default to our AN application form. This sounds like a service charge added to the restaurant bill :evil:
The £80 included in the BC fee is to cover the Councils costs of arranging the ceremonies, venue, staff, mayor etc.
Thanks CR001. Does the private ceremony fee differs from council to council ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:20 pm

pentaya wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Thanks CR001. Does the private ceremony fee differs from council to council ?
Yes, they do and availability differs too but as you only have the option of one Council for your ceremony, best to contact them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 pm

Thanks CR001. Does the private ceremony fee differs from council to council ?[/quote]
Yes, they do and availability differs too but as you only have the option of one Council for your ceremony, best to contact them.[/quote]

Thank you :)