ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for new Tier2 ICT short term visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ajityadav
Newly Registered

Applying for new Tier2 ICT short term visa

Post by ajityadav » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi I am currently in UK on a Tier2 ICT short term visa and it is expiring on 11th jan 2017. I need to get this extended but i got to know that Tier2 ICT Short Term cannot be extended and for changing to Long terms ICT Tier 2, it needs to be applied from home country.

However I want to know if I can apply for a new Short term ICT Tier2 from within UK or not?

Appreciate your qick response on this

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Applying for new Tier2 ICT short term visa

Post by poper » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:12 pm

ajityadav wrote:Hi I am currently in UK on a Tier2 ICT short term visa and it is expiring on 11th jan 2017. I need to get this extended but i got to know that Tier2 ICT Short Term cannot be extended and for changing to Long terms ICT Tier 2, it needs to be applied from home country.

However I want to know if I can apply for a new Short term ICT Tier2 from within UK or not?

Appreciate your qick response on this
You cannot make a Tier 2 ICT application inside the UK unless you are extending
A 12 month cool-off period applies if you need to re-apply Tier 2 ICT Short Term from home country(Technically, Tier 2 ICT Short Term visa will be closed for new applications from April 2017)
No Cool-off if you apply Tier 2 ICT Long Term from home country
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Applying for new Tier2 ICT short term visa

Post by moonlight55 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 pm

When was your Short term ICT visa issued? You can extend it from UK to make the duration as 12 months max. For long term ICT, you need to go back to your home country and apply.