ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner moving to the UK from Netherlands (Pregnant)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FeatDavid
Newly Registered

Partner moving to the UK from Netherlands (Pregnant)

Post by FeatDavid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:21 am

Hello I dont know much about immigration and I have come here for help I am sorry if I am posting this in the wrong thread. So my partner is a Holland national and she wishes to live in England with me permanently she is also carrying my child will she be able to stay permanently in the UK with me once the child is born as I cannot stand the thought of not being with them.

Thanks,

David

LilyLalilu

Re: Partner moving to the UK from Netherlands (Pregnant)

Post by LilyLalilu » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:34 am

If she is a Dutch national (and thus an EEA citizen), she can come to live in the UK without issues. At least for the moment, no one knows what is going to happen after Brexit...
She will enjoy an initial 3 month right to reside where she can do what she wants, after that she needs to be a qualified person who is exercising treaty rights.
If she is not working in the UK, she could for example exercise her treaty rights as self-sufficient. To do this, she needs enough money to support herself (either through savings or your salary for example) and private health insurance cover in place (NHS doesn't count).

More here: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006 ... tents/made
All information given is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:04 am

What citizenship are you? And are you married or in a durable partnetship (with proof - bank statements, joint accounts, etc - of having lived together for atleast two years )?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

FeatDavid
Newly Registered

Post by FeatDavid » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:28 am

secret.simon wrote:What citizenship are you? And are you married or in a durable partnetship (with proof - bank statements, joint accounts, etc - of having lived together for atleast two years )?
Nope I am not married with her and I am born in England and have lived here all my life.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:36 am

FeatDavid wrote:
secret.simon wrote:What citizenship are you? And are you married or in a durable partnetship (with proof - bank statements, joint accounts, etc - of having lived together for atleast two years )?
Nope I am not married with her and I am born in England and have lived here all my life.
In which case follow LilyLalilu's advice if entering as an EEA national.

However if you have minimum income of £18,600 p.a (or substantial savings over £16,000 to make up any shortfall) you may want to consider marriage and then applying under the UK Immigration Rules. It's a more expensive route but offers a more reliable option for obtaining permanent residence (ILR) in the light of uncertainty after Brexit
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.