ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on 10 Years - New application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR on 10 Years - New application

Post by harsh085 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:46 pm

Hi,

I came in to the country back in 2006 September. therefore this year September i have completed my 10 years stay in this country.
i have lived in UK legally on following visas:
2006 September -2010 October : Student visa
2010 November -2012 December : PSW
2013 February-2016 February : Work permit (First 3 years)
2015 November - 2018 November : Work permit (Second 3 Years)

I have made an appointment for in person application on 8th December 2016 at CROYDON.

I have Following Question if any of you can please help.

1) When I applied my First Work Permit in November 2012 (before my PSW visa expire) i was refused due to my company did not calculate correct salary for me but soon as i received rejection latter i made new application staying within UK with correct salry and i was granted visa - My first 3 years work permit
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF I WILL HAVE ANY NEGATIVE IMPLICATION DUE TO THIS?

2) I have so far in total received 6 & 5 penalty point on my driving licence.
first 6 points were awarded in 2010 - they are not on my licence any more
second 5 points were awarded in 2013 - they are ON my licence currently
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF I WILL HAVE ANY NEGATIVE IMPLICATION DUE TO THIS?

3) I have not hired any solicitor to either prepare or represent me on visa appointment day. as i read the information all they require my Passports (I have all visa stamps on my both passports), my BIO-METRIC CURRENT Work permit card, 2 Latest passport pictures
i have passed my LIFE IN UK test
i have my Bachelor Degree from here in UK from Hertfordshire University therefor i have not taken English TEST.
CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF I WILL REQUIRE ANY FURTHER DOCUMENTS?

I truly appreciate your help and guidance

Looking forward to supportive reply.

thank you

Harsh Tripathi

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Re: ILR on 10 Years - New application

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

1) Where you accused of false representation and deception when they refused you? The only way to find out is by requesting SAR. What was the ground of refusal?

2) When you got those penalty points what were they for? Have you been to court and paid a civil fine? If yes did you declare it? Speeding and parking ticket will not effect your application unless you have been continuously engaged in this especially speeding.

So the 4-6 points you have obtained what were they for? and tell us if you went to court?

Also have you had any cautions or criminal conviction in the past?

Please inform me.

Ahmad

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Hi Ahmad,

First of thank you for getting back to me on my queries.

My answers to your questions as below:
1) Where you accused of false representation and deception when they refused you? The only way to find out is by requesting SAR. What was the ground of refusal?

Answer – NOP. I was not accused of false representation and deception in any area. My application was rejected as I did not meet salary criteria for the Job. Hence I was not awarded salary points and my application was rejected.

2) When you got those penalty points what were they for? Have you been to court and paid a civil fine? If yes did you declare it? Speeding and parking ticket will not effect your application unless you have been continuously engaged in this especially speeding.

Answer:
First 6 points were awarded for “Driving without Licence” & “Driving without Insurance” this was in April 2010. I did declare these point in my PSW application (November 2010) and my First Work permit application (both first one rejected in November 2012 & re application in February 2013).
For above penalty point I did receive latter from court to either attend the court or provide written postal reply. Along with points I was fined some of £200 for court time etc. I did declare exact amount of fine in my both above application.

Second 5 points were awarded for “Driving without due care” & “bold tires” this was in December 2013. I did declare these points in my Second Work permit application in November 2015. For above penalty point I did receive latter from court to either attend the court or provide written postal reply. Along with points I was fined some of £200 for court time etc. I did declare exact amount of fine in my both above application.

3)Also have you had any cautions or criminal conviction in the past?

Answer: I have never been involved in any criminal conviction or even a caution.

i appreciate your help and guidance.

thank you.

yhm75

Post by yhm75 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:03 pm

I think it's fine

But more clarification you apply SAR for your peace n mind

2nd for your points if declared your previous applications
Then declare in Ilr application as well it will not harm

Thanks

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:36 pm

harsh085 wrote:Hi Ahmad,

First of thank you for getting back to me on my queries.

My answers to your questions as below:

Answer – NOP. I was not accused of false representation and deception in any area. My application was rejected as I did not meet salary criteria for the Job. Hence I was not awarded salary points and my application was rejected.

Answer:
First 6 points were awarded for “Driving without Licence” & “Driving without Insurance” this was in April 2010. I did declare these point in my PSW application (November 2010) and my First Work permit application (both first one rejected in November 2012 & re application in February 2013).
For above penalty point I did receive latter from court to either attend the court or provide written postal reply. Along with points I was fined some of £200 for court time etc. I did declare exact amount of fine in my both above application.

Second 5 points were awarded for “Driving without due care” & “bold tires” this was in December 2013. I did declare these points in my Second Work permit application in November 2015. For above penalty point I did receive latter from court to either attend the court or provide written postal reply. Along with points I was fined some of £200 for court time etc. I did declare exact amount of fine in my both above application.

3)Also have you had any cautions or criminal conviction in the past?

Answer: I have never been involved in any criminal conviction or even a caution.

i appreciate your help and guidance.

thank you.
I had to dig into those answers.

1) If you were not refused based on "playing around with Home Office" then you shouldnt have any problem with getting ILR. They will have no grounds to refuse you just because you did not meet your previous job criteria. If you are still in doubt then request for SAR because it will relief your fustration.

You can get advise by anyone else but I believe that this will have no impact on your application.

2) Coming to the licence points> This was the crucial thing. You have declared it and that matters. If you never declared that you would have been imposed 10 years ban for applying for ILR due to deception etc. As long as you have been honest in your previous/current application forms you should have no issue with Home Office. Recently, we have seen a lot of people who have never declared a warning/caution/civil fine (issued 10-15 years ago) and got sudden refused with 10 years ban of applying for ILR/other visas.

In other words, even the slightest offense in their life , they could be one second away from getting their settlement but because of something that has not been declared they would sadly pay the consequences. Even if the points does not show (in 2010) it is sometimes good to declare it because Home Office should have your previous information.

Regarding to the second licence points, it was done in 2013 and you have declared it. I will not worry again. I would have worried if you had this recently. I am not an expert on the ruling of civil fine but I could tell you that as long as its not within the 24 months of proceeding your application then you should be fine. In other words, if you had this fine within 24 months of sending your application then it might be a mandatory refusal. This is why people sometimes extend their visa to fulfill the criteria.

You have said you have never had any criminal conviction. The reason why I asked that was because I never knew if those points were due to drink-driving offenses, which is very serious.

Again, I would say your history is clean because I don't think those issues would break the immigration rules and you have been honest and fulfilled the criteria.

Ahmad

harsh085
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by harsh085 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Hi YHM75,
Thank you for your response and Guidance.

Hi Ahmad,
First of all apologies for late acknowledgment.
Truly appreciate your guidance.
I've been digging in to my past application form to confirm everything i said above.

Now, first of all on POINT 1 –
I did not play with Home office and it was genuine mistake made by my employer. They chose incorrect salary for my job role and produced CAS. Soon as I received latter from Home office that I did not meet the criteria of salary and therefore now awarded points they rejecting my application. I have that latter from home office in my hand and it says as I have described. Following that I re-applied within 13 days of rejection in person at CROYDON and they granted me visa as my employer generated new CAS for me with correct salary. They have been paying that too. After that I applied for Tier 2 extension with correct salary requirement and i was granted visa. That is my current visa.

Here comes critical aspect of my application, POINT 2 -
I have not got all my previous application form but I do have recent one [2015 November - 2018 November: Work permit (Second 3 Years)].
In that form I have mentioned my 2013 Motoring conviction points but did not mention my 2010 motoring conviction points.
Below is my statement describing motoring conviction:
“CD10-DRIVING WITHOUT DUE CARE AND ATTENTION, CU30-USING A VEHICLE WITH DEFECTIVE TYER(S) RELATED TO ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT I WAS INVOLVED. I PAID FINE OF £250.00 TO DVLA. I RECEIVED 5 PENALTY POINTS”

I also managed to find my application form for my first Application of TIER 2 WORK PERMIT (2012) which was rejected due to incorrect salary. In that form I did not mention any penalty points I was awarded in 2010.
The reason of that was in recent form (2015 application) they have clearly mentioned following:
Criminal or unspent conviction – a driving offence, at any time, e.g. for speeding or no insurance

Where in my previous rejected application of TIER 2 WORK PERMIT (2012) they had below description:
About Personal History – Do you have any civil judgments against you or have you received any civil penalties under the UK Immigration acts?
In above I answered as NO – Means DID NOT disclose my 2010 driving Points.
to make you aware of the situation, throughout my all 4 application I’ve made for various visa extension from within UK, I have never had a consultant or representative. I did them all by myself by reading the guideline. At any point I did not interpreted that CIVIL JUDGMENT count as a MOTORING CONVICTION.
Now I have a feeling that my first extension after STUDENT VISA TO PSW, I was helped by University visa Councillor service. THE PSW visa application was made in 2012 December and by than I had received my first 6 penalty point.
Do you think if I had mentioned my 2010 MOTORING CONVICTION points in PSW application I will have any chance to avoid possible ban from ILR application?
After reading my situation,
What are the chances I have of successful application?
What steps I should take to make it successful or what other ways/method I can use to pass my ILR application.
Should I postpone my appointment booked on 8th December 2016 at Croydon?

I truly appreciate your help & support.
Thank you.
Harsh