ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Approved [information] after 6 years DLR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ahmad Sharif
Newly Registered

ILR Approved [information] after 6 years DLR

Post by Ahmad Sharif » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:01 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to thank everyone for their support and help on this forums. Today, I have just received my passport, documents and a letter from Home Office stating that my Indefinite Leave to Remain in United Kingdom had been approved. Thus, I would like to outline a brief summary of my story and what information I included in the ILR application form.

In 2009, I was granted DLR outside the immigration rule based on Article 8 of private family life in the United Kingdom by the judge. Thus, I applied based on the old 6 years DLR policy in 2010 and was granted extension until 2013. Before the expiry of my first extension, I further extended my DLR for three years, which was also approved by the Home Office until 2016. Surprisingly, the approval took several weeks, which was very quick.

On 25 May 2016 I submitted my ILR application to Home Office. The following documents were

- 4 passport-like pictures (Name and DOB written behind it)
- Danish Passport (including 3 old ones)
- Mental health illness of my mum (Medical reports)
- BSc and Msc photocopied certificate -> to prove English (I am now aware that you don't need to prove this under DLR)
- Life in the UK ((However, I am now aware that you don't need to prove this under DLR)
- PhD student enrollment confirmation letter
- Letter from the Judge approving their decision to grant DLR against Home Office decision of refusal
- Biometric residence permit (BRP)
- 5 page cover letter explaining (in my own words) regarding to my DLR history, mum illness, judge approving our DLR against Home Office
- Police caution (letter provided by police station in 2010 for avoiding door from closing on the train) --> I admitted something that I did not do but I stupid me

Note that if you have a caution after 24 months of proceeding your application then you should be fine! This is very important! Declare it on your ILR because my friend last week was refused under deception!

Summary:

ILR application form (Set (o)) through POSTAL

Application: Sent on 25 May 2016
Biometric and payment taken weeks after (can't remember will check)
Letter from Home Office asking evidence of 5 years continued at my current address: Received on 5 November 2016
Evidence of address documents: Sent on 10 November 2016
ILR approval: 20 November 2016 (Letter came on 23 November 2016)
ILR settlement card (BRP): Pending -> 10 working days

Note:

Home Office required evidence of 5 years continued residency at the address that I have been living at.

The documents (Name and address), which I provided were

- Bank statements (Make sure to keep old ones!) each year (Original copy)
- Any bill documents including gas/water and electricity -> NOT mobile bill documents! (Original copy)
- University enrollment letter with stamps (Original copy)
- Photocopied UK driving licence -> Not important but do not send your original card!
- Student finance letter (fees or grant) if you received -> Original copy)

However, in case you did not have any of these letters you could also include

- Any benefit letters confirming your name and address
- Solicitor letter
- rental letter etc.

In this application I was informed that I could go for PEO but based on advice I was informed that it would be better to do Postal due to the complexity of DLR.

In this application I did the form without the need of a lawyer or agents.

Bear in mind that Home Office are tough so you better not include any false documents in there even if they don't require it they would check everyone single word on that document. Also make sure to apply for ILR before the expiry of your extension (Important!!!!!!)

I would try my best to answer your questions if your case is related to mine.

Ahmad