ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some questions about Tier 2(G) Supplementary Job

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HBBB
Iran

Some questions about Tier 2(G) Supplementary Job

Post by HBBB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Hi all,

I know on Tier2(G) one is not allowed to be self-employed. I just want to understand the situation that I might face will be considered as self-employment or not:

I non-UK/EU company is looking for some local independent inspectors to monitor the process of their projects that are being done inside UK separately. Invoices will be addressed to the Non-UK/EU company. Service agreement will between me and Non-UK/EU company. The payment will be made from outside EU as well. My questions are:

1- Is above mentioned kind of job entitled for tax as a job in UK?
2- Can it be considered as foreign income and I pay tax on foreign income instead of a UK job?
3- Since I'll have a contract with them and job title is in the same level of proficiency of my sponsored job, and it doesn't conflict with the sponsored job, is there any way that this second job be considered as employment?
4-is there any way that somebody be employed but manage his tax on his own (outside PAYE)
5-If payment comes from outside UK/EU, and paid to a non-UK bank account, considering above explanation will this be considered as a supplementary job by UKVI/UKBA? (regardless of situation with HMRC)

Thank you in advance.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Some questions about Tier 2(G) Supplementary Job

Post by iworker » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:39 pm

If you get paid outside the UK, then i feel there is no way UKVI can know about it.
But you will still be liable to pay tax on it as you are resident in the uk unless there is double taxation rules where u are getting paid..for which u will still have to declare to hmrc.
If you do declare to hmrc, then there is a possibility that UKVI will know about it when u come around aplying for new leave.
Not sure if my post helps u in any way.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:54 pm

HBBB wrote:Hi all,

I know on Tier2(G) one is not allowed to be self-employed. I just want to understand the situation that I might face will be considered as self-employment or not:

I non-UK/EU company is looking for some local independent inspectors to monitor the process of their projects that are being done inside UK separately. Invoices will be addressed to the Non-UK/EU company. Service agreement will between me and Non-UK/EU company. The payment will be made from outside EU as well. My questions are:

1- Is above mentioned kind of job entitled for tax as a job in UK?
2- Can it be considered as foreign income and I pay tax on foreign income instead of a UK job?
3- Since I'll have a contract with them and job title is in the same level of proficiency of my sponsored job, and it doesn't conflict with the sponsored job, is there any way that this second job be considered as employment?
4-is there any way that somebody be employed but manage his tax on his own (outside PAYE)
5-If payment comes from outside UK/EU, and paid to a non-UK bank account, considering above explanation will this be considered as a supplementary job by UKVI/UKBA? (regardless of situation with HMRC)

Thank you in advance.
1) Yes!

2) No. You are working in UK. Working secretly and not declaring it and hoping noone notices doesn't cut it.

3) No. Not unless you work for said company and pay tax under PAYE.

4) No. Not in UK.

5) Why do people insist of UKBA?! There is no UKBA anymore.

Get with the programme - comply with Tier 2 instead of looking for cunning plans to get round it.
And you can't 'disregard HMRC'. That is first step on path to world of pain (tax and immigration pain).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm

It's no wonder T2 workers have such a bad rep. in my industry.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:59 pm

noajthan, worker thank you for you thoughts.

Wanderer, I suggest you change your industry if you like to see their good rep. :wink:

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:07 pm

HBBB wrote:noajthan, worker thank you for you thoughts.

Wanderer, I suggest you change your industry if you like to see their good rep. :wink:
Or alternatively Tier 2 migrants may find it wise to toe the Home Office line to avoid this category going in the same direction as Tier 1G due to long term abuse of the system. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

HBBB
Iran

Post by HBBB » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:28 pm

Casa wrote: Or alternatively Tier 2 migrants may find it wise to toe the Home Office line to avoid this category going in the same direction as Tier 1G due to long term abuse of the system. :idea:
I'm with this but that's not going to happen in less than 3 years. Also, T2 has been designed for abuse and that's why they have T1. How do you see the chance to switch from T2 to T1(exceptional talent) as an expert engineer?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:34 pm

HBBB wrote:
Casa wrote: Or alternatively Tier 2 migrants may find it wise to toe the Home Office line to avoid this category going in the same direction as Tier 1G due to long term abuse of the system. :idea:
I'm with this but that's not going to happen in less than 3 years. Also, T2 has been designed for abuse and that's why they have T1. How do you see the chance to switch from T2 to T1(exceptional talent) as an expert engineer?
Casa was referring to the Tier 1 G route, which is now closed, unless you mistyped your response.

See link below for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. Post questions on this in the relevant sub forum and not in this one please.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-exceptional-talent/overview
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:40 pm

HBBB wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....